Super Bowl or Bust Jerry suggest

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's also the GM.
He can say whatever he wants.
I doubt he'll completely blow up the team, and leave his $40,000,000.00 QB with nothing to work with.
You’re defending our dysfunctional owners comments?

And sounds like his intention of change only involves 1 person.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
If the Cowboys get ragdolled by the 49ers today and end up being the only team to lose at home in the first round of the playoffs something big could go down. I can’t imagine a one and done beatdown at home would sit well with the Joneses.
It didn’t get JG fired when we were 13-3 the #1 seed and lost to the NYG at home.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It didn’t get JG fired when we were 13-3 the #1 seed and lost to the NYG at home.

We lost to the Giants when we were the number one seed in 07 under Wade Phillips. We lost to the Packers in the first round under Garrett in 2016 when we were the number one seed and 13-3. That was a competitive game, we were tied with the Packers with just seconds remaining when Aaron Rodgers burned us on a great throw that led to the game-winning field goal. I’m not saying McCarthy is going to get fired if we lose today. However if we get “pounded” and end up being the only team to lose at home in the first round of the playoffs the Joneses might do something drastic.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
So he’s gonna go with Moore just because he thinks he missed out on Peyton. Just a dumb idea to me

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We lost to the Giants when we were the number one seed in 07 under Wade Phillips. We lost to the Packers in the first round under Garrett in 2016 when we were the number one seed and 13-3. That was a competitive game, we were tied with the Packers with just seconds remaining when Aaron Rodgers burned us on a great throw that led to the game-winning field goal. I’m not saying McCarthy is going to get fired if we lose today. However if we get “pounded” and end up being the only team to lose at home in the first round of the playoffs the Joneses might do something drastic.
Remember why Jethro agreed to finally let Garrett go and bring in a proven HC. Those around him convinced him to go against his instincts . And bring in a proven HC cause they thought that’s what was needed to get us over the hump. Well , if this HC can’t do that then he’d rather do it his way.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Remember why Jethro agreed to finally let Garrett go and bring in a proven HC. Those around him convinced him to go against his instincts . And bring in a proven HC cause they thought that’s what was needed to get us over the hump. Well , if this HC can’t do that then he’d rather do it his way.

Things are going to have to go real wrong today for him to fire McCarthy after a 12-5 season. A loss today would likely put him on the hot seat going into next season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So he’s gonna go with Moore just because he thinks he missed out on Peyton. Just a dumb idea to me
It’s two parts. One, if he’s sold this is a SB caliber team and MM can’t get it done he’s ready to move on. Plus he doesn’t want to lose Moore. And watch him have success elsewhere.

That offense is what sells . And he knows Prescott loves and his offense and why it was a stipulation so to speak to retain Moore. Jethro sees Moore like another Garrett.

That’s who we are under this dysfunctional ownership . That’s never going to change. The only thing that changes it at least for now is going to a SB.

Who knows even if we do I wouldn’t be surprised for MM wanting out with this stint opening up wherever the wants to go and we can keep Moore. Crazy but that’s who our owner is. This can’t be a place where MM wants to stay very long,

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Things are going to have to go real wrong today for him to fire McCarthy after a 12-5 season. A loss today would likely put him on the hot seat going into next season.
That’s what I originally thought too. But there’s rumors swirling around locally that if we lose today things could change. Who knows with this idiot,

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That’s what I originally thought too. But there’s rumors swirling around locally that if we lose today things could change. Who knows with this idiot,

Even if the Cowboys win there’s going to be significant changes if Kellen Moore and Dan Quinn leave. I just don’t see Jerry firing McCarthy if we lose in a competitive game today. If the game turned into an embarrassing Denver debacle then it could lead to a change.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he fires MM just to keep Moore, my weekends will be freed up next season. Especially, if the loaded offense stinks it up on top of that.

This would be a typical Jerry move……

ksadler1

Reaction score
At least Jerry isn't passing out Superbowl tickets before the game...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as this guy talks, why listen to anything he says? He is not accountable to anyone for anything he says.

He is irresponsible with most of what comes out of his mouth because he seldom has the trap between his brain and mouth engaged.

He is such an egomaniac that he seeks attention from anything he says.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As much as this guy talks, why listen to anything he says? He is not accountable to anyone for anything he says.

He is irresponsible with most of what comes out of his mouth because he seldom has the trap between his brain and mouth engaged.

He is such an egomaniac that he seeks attention from anything he says.
Because he’s not only the owner , Pres and GM he’s the face of the Cowboys. We never know what he means or not .

It is what it is and why we’re the most dysfunctionally ran franchise in the league.

There is no ignoring him . If you do then you’re not facing our reality.