Super Bowl party no-no's

Pape

Reaction score
If ray Lewis shows up in a white suit, make sure you have an alibi

EST_1986

Reaction score
I actually dislike Super Bowl parties, never been to one. I like to watch and listen to the game without distractions, I can party almost any other day of the year I want. Having said that...the Super Bowl and all the commercials are becoming such a joke I’m starting to reconsider my thoughts.

I’ll say this, if the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl I would 1,000% not have a single soul at my house with the exception of my wife. I’d be way too involved an emotional to deal with anyone, even other Cowboys fans.
how can you dislike something you haven't done?

GMO415

Reaction score
I actually dislike Super Bowl parties, never been to one. I like to watch and listen to the game without distractions, I can party almost any other day of the year I want. Having said that...the Super Bowl and all the commercials are becoming such a joke I’m starting to reconsider my thoughts.

I’ll say this, if the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl I would 1,000% not have a single soul at my house with the exception of my wife. I’d be way too involved an emotional to deal with anyone, even other Cowboys fans.
Agreed. I'm definitely not leaving my house if the Boyz are in it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. BYOB-don’t mooch unless you run out :laugh:

2. Bring enough $$$ for Texas Hold-Em before and after the game

3. Include your significant other in the activities or there is a good chance you leave before the game is over

4. Tease the jerk who shows up in a Texans jersey that has been talking trash from 2002

5. Call an Uber, police will be thick that night

GMO415

Reaction score
If you really want to watch the game, don't go to big parties. The best ones are w/ a few friends who are into football.

Have at least 2 TV's going.
I've done the 2tv thing. Great idea. We also rented table games to put in the garage for the kids.

Flamma

Reaction score
And if someone is so clueless as to have a wedding n super bowl sunday, do not ever be their friend again.

I've seen it. It's not cluelessness, it's a power play by the wife to be. Don't involve me.

aria

Reaction score
I would love to volunteer at animal shelters but I know I would hate it...is it really that awkward? I can think of hundreds of things I know I would hate without needing to try them.

Flamma

Reaction score

It usually works the other way around. You can sometimes think you'll like something only to find out you hate it after trying it out. But people pretty much already know what they do and do not like.

Ever go to a sports bar on Sunday and watch football games? Back in the 90s I had to do that because they didn't always televise Cowboys games where I live. And I'm not missing the Cowboys/49ers regular season game. Otherwise I'd rather have a molar yanked out by an auto mechanic with a pair of plyers than be in that environment. And I like parties, just not watching a sport.

kskboys

Reaction score
It usually works the other way around. You can sometimes think you'll like something only to find out you hate it after trying it out. But people pretty much already know what they do and do not like.

Ever go to a sports bar on Sunday and watch football games? Back in the 90s I had to do that because they didn't always televise Cowboys games where I live. And I'm not missing the Cowboys/49ers regular season game. Otherwise I'd rather have a molar yanked out by an auto mechanic with a pair of plyers than be in that environment. And I like parties, just not watching a sport.
Couldn't agree more!!!!!

I love get-togethers, just not for super bowl. Those big parties are for people who want to socialize during the game, or to brag later about how big their party/TV/etc was.

I've noticed during the course of my life that the bigger the party gets, the less fun you have. There's prolly a number for a party, that if you go over it, the fun lessens. Most of the great parties I remember were generally in the 3-15 range head count.

kskboys

Reaction score
I've seen it. It's not cluelessness, it's a power play by the wife to be. Don't involve me.

Wow. Hope you instructed the dude to call the marriage off. That is the epitome of selfishness, and it won't get any better.