Super Bowl RE-Matchup (#4)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I know; we haven't even made the playoffs yet; we haven't won a playoff game in ... forever.

Still, the way the defense is playing, the Dallas Cowboys don't need to be a 30 point a game juggernaut. Playing great defense and not turning the ball over has led many a mediocre offense to the SB in the past. And for the record, we don't have a mediocre offense...we still have a dangerous team that can score points.

First the defense was incredible against Pittsburgh, then totally dominant against NY. Baltimore, with a weak offense led by a rookie QB has no chance against us if we are patient and protect the ball. That would be three top defenses we've faced in the 3 weeks, our defense hopefully looking better than all 3.

I predict we make the playoffs.

I predict we get to the NFC championship.

SB matchup: Dallas Cowboys vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (a sweet rematch)

JonCJG

Reaction score
If that were to happen, we would crush them in good weather on a fast field.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
wayne motley;2495279 said:
I know; we haven't even made the playoffs yet; we haven't won a playoff game in ... forever.

Still, the way the defense is playing, the Dallas Cowboys don't need to be a 30 point a game juggernaut. Playing great defense and not turning the ball over has led many a mediocre offense to the SB in the past. And for the record, we don't have a mediocre offense...we still have a dangerous team that can score points.

First the defense was incredible against Pittsburgh, then totally dominant against NY. Baltimore, with a weak offense led by a rookie QB has no chance against us if we are patient and protect the ball. That would be three top defenses we've faced in the 3 weeks, our defense hopefully looking better than all 3.

I predict we make the playoffs.

I predict we get to the NFC championship.

SB matchup: Dallas Cowboys vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (a sweet rematch)
I know we are a long way from this but I just have that feeling we are going to see the Steelers again before this season ends. It just seems like unfinished business with them. Kind of like the Giants and Pats last year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I do believe we'll make the playoffs, as I've said all along, and I think we can make some noise so I wouldn't be shocked, at all, if we made the Superbowl.

Something tells me, however, that Pittsburgh won't quite make it. I don't know why but I just don't feel like they're going to be there.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2496002 said:
I do believe we'll make the playoffs, as I've said all along, and I think we can make some noise so I wouldn't be shocked, at all, if we made the Superbowl.

Something tells me, however, that Pittsburgh won't quite make it. I don't know why but I just don't feel like they're going to be there.

The Colts will beat em.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My SB is this weekend the Ravens. Beyond that nothing else matters.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Maybe it was just me, but for some reason, I just felt like we were going to win that game. Not once was I nervous that entire game, I just felt like they couldn't beat us no matter what, I think the Pittsburgh game made me feel that way.

We basically handled them, and in a dome or a stadium with decent weather, we would destroy Pitt.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Baltimore has a very good offense. They had scored the most points in the league in the last 8 games going into the Pitt game. Don't know where they stand now but they are not offensively anemic.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jobberone;2496405 said:
Baltimore has a very good offense. They had scored the most points in the league in the last 8 games going into the Pitt game. Don't know where they stand now but they are not offensively anemic.

Balt. is 28th in passing and 6th in rushing. They are still a team that is setup by the play of their defense. Much like their SB team if you give the offense enough oppertunities and great field position they can put up some points but this is still a team that is lead by their defense.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It's interesting to hear someone mention Indy. I pick Pitt simply because other than Tennesee, who are having their own miserable Dec. along with the Giants, the AFC looks really weak to me this year.

However, you are correct....boy, Indy has really quietly rolled up an impressive season after starting with most of their OL out injured. Only Peyton Manning could have kept them afloat. They haven't really gotten much attention on their way to all those consecutive victories.

However, defense and running tends to win in the end unless you have an unstoppable offense...those seem in short supply this year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2496451 said:
:clap:

Perspective, my man. Perspective. :)

The way this season as been going I can only look at 1 game at a time, so my SB is Sat. Night vs the Ravens. :laugh2: