Superman Returns

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Just curious here - How many of y'all have any interest in SUPERMAN RETURNS next summer? I wanted an "average Joe" opinion. Trying to decide if I'm want to cover the press junket next year.

MrMom

Reaction score
Well I for one have a bit of an interest in it. Don't really know anything about the dude who is playing Superman, but at least they got a director who has turned in 2 successful superhero films.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zero, Zip and Nada would describe my interest in the movie.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
Just curious here - How many of y'all have any interest in SUPERMAN RETURNS next summer? I wanted an "average Joe" opinion. Trying to decide if I'm want to cover the press junket next year.

I think you should write about my life story. LOL

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Press release from Warner Bros.

"Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world’s most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman’s bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Directed by Bryan Singer (X2: X-Men United, X-Men, The Usual Suspects), Superman Returns stars Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth (Beyond the Sea, Blue Crush), James Marsden (X2: X-Men United, The Notebook), Frank Langella (HBO’s Unscripted), Academy Award-winner Eva Marie Saint (North By Northwest), Parker Posey (Best in Show), Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Sam Huntington (Detroit Rock City) and Oscar-winner Kevin Spacey (Beyond the Sea, American Beauty, The Usual Suspects).

A Warner Bros. Pictures presentation of a Peters Entertainment production, in association with Bad Hat Harry Productions, a Bryan Singer film, Superman Returns stars BRANDON ROUTH, KATE BOSWORTH, JAMES MARSDEN, FRANK LANGELLA, EVA MARIE SAINT, PARKER POSEY, KAL PENN, SAM HUNTINGTON and KEVIN SPACEY. Directed by BRYAN SINGER, the film is produced by JON PETERS, BRYAN SINGER and GILBERT ADLER. The screenplay is by MICHAEL DOUGHERTY & DAN HARRIS, and the story is by BRYAN SINGER and MICHAEL DOUGHERTY & DAN HARRIS. The executive producer is CHRIS LEE. The director of photography is NEWTON THOMAS SIGEL A.S.C.; the production designer is GUY DYAS; the film is edited by JOHN OTTMAN and ELLIOT GRAHAM; the costume designer is LOUISE MINGENBACH; and the music is by JOHN OTTMAN. The film is based upon Superman characters created by JERRY SIEGEL & JOE SHUSTER and published by DC Comics.

Superman Returns will be released on June 30, 2006 by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company."

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Sounds about right

I have to say I have been kinda of let down by most of the superhero movies.

I really hated the Hulk, they ruined that movie...as cheesy as the series was, the series was better to watch then that movie IMO.

I know tons of people love spiderman, and it stuck pretty good to the orginal story, but I just was not thrilled with either one of those movies.

X-Men, IMO, have been the best so far but even then they kind of irritate me with leaving the original members out our showing just a few seconds of the guys in smaller roles.

The batman movies (although I have not seen the newest one) irritate me.

Now I love Jake playing the joker but for the most part the movies are too dark (is there ever any daylight in this town or is it during the dark period in london) I know it is to set the mood but movies that are always dark irritate me.
Also I know it is a movie based on a comic....but do we have to be so comical in some of the bad guys and the bad guys henchmen that help them out?

I loved the superman movies as a kid but when I watch them now they just seem so cheesy....and I have a feeling they may not be much better now.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I thought it was cool when they had Kevin Smith writing the script. Now... not so much.

I'll catch it on DVD.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
The batman movies (although I have not seen the newest one) irritate me.

As a Batman, they irritated me too (except for the '89 one to a certain degree). But you need to see this one - it is a spectacular film despite the fact it is based on a "comic book" character. And btw, it has nothing to do with the previous four films.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I'm interested just because I'm a big fan of the Superman myth, but I think they need to wait longer so that folks can forget Christopher Reeve. Reeve will always be Superman and Clark Kent to me. One of those legendary roles where an actor did the part so well, he was type cast for life.