Supporting, Jerry and friends

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have always supported the Jones family, and at times Received great ridicule, but at this point in the franchises history. I can only hold him and no one else responsible for the decline. If he just would stop micromanaging and turn the team over to people that know what they’re doing .Am I the only one that has come to feel this way over the years. I know many people haven’t liked him from the beginning but that wasn’t the case for me. I no longer have faith in what he’s doing. Go cowboys

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If I were to do a top 10 reasons why. My first issue would be, no consequences for failing. What is he going to do fire himself. Where as a real GM. Thrive to do there best ,there career is on the line.

Jipper

Reaction score
I have always supported the Jones family, and at times Received great ridicule, but at this point in the franchises history. I can only hold him and no one else responsible for the decline. If he just would stop micromanaging and turn the team over to people that know what they’re doing .Am I the only one that has come to feel this way over the years. I know many people haven’t liked him from the beginning but that wasn’t the case for me. I no longer have faith in what he’s doing. Go cowboys

man AA is really is getting selective :)

I’m with ya dude, I’ve supported him as a great owner and mediocre gm, but I’ve never seen a team this bad going back to when I started watching in 88....time for him to make changes for real

Silly

Reaction score

I've started to ponder at what point will people forget the super bowl wins and just consider Jerry as the man who ruined the franchise?

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Its not as if jerry doesnt want to win. Hes made trades. Hes tried signing big free agents. Hes tried signing his own. It hasnt worked out but not because he isnt trying or doesnt want to win.

As much of a help jimmy was in the 90s, jerry bought some of that superbowl success we had.

Even though i dont like how exactly he runs his team, its hard to knock him because if i owned the cowboys my hand would be in the pot as well.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I've started to ponder at what point will people forget the super bowl wins and just consider Jerry as the man who ruined the franchise?

Not until Jerry is dead, or at least no longer the owner, most likely.
And if his team (notice I didn't say he) wins another SB or two or three, etc. while he's the owner it'll probably never happen.

Stay tuned...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Its not as if jerry doesnt want to win. Hes made trades. Hes tried signing big free agents. Hes tried signing his own. It hasnt worked out but not because he isnt trying or doesnt want to win.

As much of a help jimmy was in the 90s, jerry bought some of that superbowl success we had.

Even though i dont like how exactly he runs his team, its hard to knock him because if i owned the cowboys my hand would be in the pot as well.

Myself, for a while, yes. But after I had the 3 SB wins, if things didn't go well for another 10 years or so I'm pretty sure I'd resign as GM and hire one, realizing that legacy lasts past the grave, money doesn't...

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Stephen is worse than his dad so expect some sugar coating and fancy PR moves which will lead to same result at the end for years to come .
I have ZERO faith these 2 clowns can run the team well no matter who they bring.( players or coaches)
Charlotte Jones I think will do better

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Stephen is worse than his dad so expect some sugar coating and fancy PR moves which will lead to same result at the end for years to come .
I have ZERO faith these 2 clowns can run the team well no matter who they bring.( players or coaches)
Charlotte Jones I think will do better

Don't think we can really judge Stephen completely. Consider:

1. Jerry is still the owner and general manager.
2. Stephen's daddy, of course.
3. Jerry built the team from mediocrity to the highest valued sports franchise. With lots of help, won 3 SBs.

As far as 1 goes, only Jerry can change that. Obviously he's a very strong personality, do we expect Stephen to buck Jerry every time Jerry makes a boo boo? Would you? Who wants to be in that type of toxic environment. Get along to go along, at least some of the time.
As far as 2 goes, if for no other reason than respect, have to let Jerry do things.
As far as 3 goes, just by virtue of being the owner and general manager Jerry had to be at least part of the reason for that, if Stephen has any smarts at all he'd want to keep that going.

Stephen may be just as bad as Jerry, and possibly even worse (see the Detroit Lions) but until Stephen is in, or able to have, total control over the team like Jerry we can only guess...

Swanny

Reaction score
Jerry has always been responsible they have been declining for 20 years plus. Jerry never needed to change because he was the most successful owner ever in nfl history. Yes $ is the most important thing when you own a business and no one is better than him. I THINK and hope that Cowboys fans have finally stopped spending money or watching the product the Cowboys are producing. Jerry needs to lose money in order to see a change and I think it's finally happened this year. Cowboys haters don't hate the Cowboys like they used to and Cowboys fans have tuned out. I really hope that being flexed out of Prime Time is the nudge Jerry needed to make a change.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i think his daughter would do much better because she would hire nfl people to run the team jerry and his son are both bozo the clown and i am pretty much done with the jones and the cowboys for now

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s fine but the problem is all of those who have supported him all of these years have enabled his ways to this point.

Once that stadium was built, the sponsors inked and PSL committed.. game over.

Only empty butts in the seats, black out broadcast and decreased revenue will bring about the change that’s needed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don't think we can really judge Stephen completely. Consider:

1. Jerry is still the owner and general manager.
2. Stephen's daddy, of course.
3. Jerry built the team from mediocrity to the highest valued sports franchise. With lots of help, won 3 SBs.

As far as 1 goes, only Jerry can change that. Obviously he's a very strong personality, do we expect Stephen to buck Jerry every time Jerry makes a boo boo? Would you? Who wants to be in that type of toxic environment. Get along to go along, at least some of the time.
As far as 2 goes, if for no other reason than respect, have to let Jerry do things.
As far as 3 goes, just by virtue of being the owner and general manager Jerry had to be at least part of the reason for that, if Stephen has any smarts at all he'd want to keep that going.

Stephen may be just as bad as Jerry, and possibly even worse (see the Detroit Lions) but until Stephen is in, or able to have, total control over the team like Jerry we can only guess...
Problem is fans flip on a dime. Just a couple years ago a large segment were praising Jethro for turning more over to his Cheapskate Son . Applauding better drafts and personnel decisions after winning 3 division titles in 5 years and winning couple playoff games advancing to the final 8.

tm1119

Reaction score

Welcome to the year 2000. You’ve got a lot of catching up to do...and none of it is good

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

I for one didn't like him from the beginning, and not just for firing Landry. He was too front and center even early, always on the practice filed, on the sidelines and yammering in press appearances. Though I grew up with the team in the Murchison era, never head from the man and great success came year after year. Just saw success doing things that way.

Even in the early 90's successes, I could never convince myself he was a big reason for the success. He spent 25 years in the oil business and was able to come into the NFL and turn it into a super successful team? Don't care how smart he is, you have to learn things from experience. Jimmy spent 25 years in coaching, seemed obvious to me he was by far the main reason for the successes, that just makes sense....

Brax

Reaction score
If I were to do a top 10 reasons why. My first issue would be, no consequences for failing. What is he going to do fire himself. Where as a real GM. Thrive to do there best ,there career is on the line.
When a man says he would of fired himself for poor performance but says it will not happen, it is the problem. JJ and SJ are worse than cancer, it's a hobby business with them, JJ loves the lime light and is a POS. This team has failed for 24 years and the reason is very simple Jerry knows less about building a team and player talent that you or I do. Jerry loves YES men it's a ego problem.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not me. 25 years just isn't enough time to really give him a fair chance.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
When a man says he would of fired himself for poor performance but says it will not happen, it is the problem. JJ and SJ are worse than cancer, it's a hobby business with them, JJ loves the lime light and is a POS. This team has failed for 24 years and the reason is very simple Jerry knows less about building a team and player talent that you or I do. Jerry loves YES men it's a ego problem.

Jerry thinks, really he does, that he's the smartest man in football. That like a compulsive gambler who thinks surely this next bet, or game, will be "the one" that gives him the big big win, surely one more good good draft, or one more player taken that no one else can see is the next Brady or E. Smith will be the one to restore the team to greatness.

And he has to win his way, or it's no good for him, he has to get the lion's share of the credit. Jimmy got lots of credit and attention for the 90's SB wins, JJ got some of course, how could he not, with his being front and center so much? But Jimmy got more.

I'm sure JJ likes what his money can buy, but it's an aside to winning SBs his way, he already made millions in the oil business, making more is not his primary motivation...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry thinks, really he does, that he's the smartest man in football. That like a compulsive gambler who thinks surely this next bet, or game, will be "the one" that gives him the big big win, surely one more good good draft, or one more player taken that no one else can see is the next Brady or E. Smith will be the one to restore the team to greatness.

And he has to win his way, or it's no good for him, he has to get the lion's share of the credit. Jimmy got lots of credit and attention for the 90's SB wins, JJ got some of course, how could he not, with his being front and center so much? But Jimmy got more.

I'm sure JJ likes what his money can buy, but it's an aside to winning SBs his way, he already made millions in the oil business, making more is not his primary motivation...
That’s most of it. What’s most important is that unlike other or most owners in the NFL, Jethro bought the Cowboys to fulfill his dream and passion of running, coaching , etc a football team.

Everything else surrounding it , the celebrity status and revenue , simply provides him the means to continue his ways.

He’s not interested in owning a team unless he’s front and center , the face of the franchise. That was very clear with Jimmy.

He’s only interested in winning his way. There is no other alternative. I’m not sure why fans haven’t understood this all of these years. He’s never shied away from it being very upfront with his intentions.