Surprise pick at 58

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I think most of us expect to see a safety or 3 tech here. Me included but there are several other options that could end up being highest on their board when their time comes around.

For your consideration.

1 Tech = they have shown a hesitancy to draft a 1 tech early but last year they took a good hard look at Payne and Vita Vea. Being run all over in against the Rams may have left a bad taste.

Dexter Lawrence - probably wont fall to 58 but if he does? Could he be the pick?

OT - I think we have several options here even in 2020. Could re-sign Collins. Will have Fleming. Will have 2020 draft. Could move Connor Williams to RT and play Sia Filo, Looney or Ehringer at LG.

Greg Little - they are looking at him. Is it possible he could be the highest rated player on their board if he fell to 58?

CB - We have a pretty solid group right now but looking at the future FA needs and the dislike of Lewis body frame this could be a sneaky need. Maybe they have a 1st rd grade on a CB that falls?

RB - Bringing in Damien Harris for a 30 visit has been a surprise to some. Is this in hopes of him falling to 90 or is there a chance he could be the highest rated player on their board at 58?

TE - Sternberger and Knox are being placed by some in this area of the draft. What if Irv Smith falls? It would not be a huge shock if they took a TE at 58. seems like a pattern.

WR - They are looking at Deebo. He is likely to go somewhere in that range. Wr is definitely a possibility.

I still think S or 3 tech is the most likely pick at 58 but there are other possibilities. IMO

reddyuta

Reaction score
I will go with DE.Ferguson or Collier both have worked out for us.
Daniel Jeremiah on Collier

Collier has the size and skill set to line up on the edge or inside. He is extremely twitched-up and jars opponents once he gets his hands on them. In the passing game, he uses a shake/bull-rush move, and he can also pop/separate from blocks while only using one arm. He can convert speed to power off the edge. He isn't an elite bender at the top of his pass rush, but he still finds a way to finish. He has the strength to hold the point of attack against the run and his effort is solid. Overall, Collier isn't the biggest name in this DL class, but it wouldn't shock me if he emerged as the top player at the position three or four years from now.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I will go with DE.Ferguson or Collier both have worked out for us.
Daniel Jeremiah on Collier

Collier has the size and skill set to line up on the edge or inside. He is extremely twitched-up and jars opponents once he gets his hands on them. In the passing game, he uses a shake/bull-rush move, and he can also pop/separate from blocks while only using one arm. He can convert speed to power off the edge. He isn't an elite bender at the top of his pass rush, but he still finds a way to finish. He has the strength to hold the point of attack against the run and his effort is solid. Overall, Collier isn't the biggest name in this DL class, but it wouldn't shock me if he emerged as the top player at the position three or four years from now.

If they drafted a DE that they wished to turn into a 3 tech I wouldn't be surprised at all. Drafting a DE that they wish to keep at DE seems like overkill and they likely would have to cut one. Heyder or Armstrong.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dexter Lawrence - probably wont fall to 58 but if he does? Could he be the pick?
Greg Little - they are looking at him. Is it possible he could be the highest rated player on their board if he fell to 58?

Probably take either one of those if they fell that far. If Dexter is there they'd be crazy not to.

I doubt it will happen with CB since I only see about 3 and they are all mid first rounders. The rest are in reach. Even if one of them fell, I highly doubt they'd reach late 2nd round.

I wouldn't take RB with the 58th pick no matter who is there. That would truly be a surprise pick. But I don't think he'll be the highest rated player at 58.

If TE Smith falls, that's a very real possibility. All depending on who is available. Sterberger and Knox will probably be there in the 3rd.

I think WR would be a last resort backup plan if all else fails.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Probably take either one of those if they fell that far. If Dexter is there they'd be crazy not to.

I doubt it will happen with CB since I only see about 3 and they are all mid first rounders. The rest are in reach. Even if one of them fell, I highly doubt they'd reach late 2nd round.

I wouldn't take RB with the 58th pick no matter who is there. That would truly be a surprise pick. But I don't think he'll be the highest rated player at 58.

If TE Smith falls, that's a very real possibility. All depending on who is available. Sterberger and Knox will probably be there in the 3rd.

I think WR would be a last resort backup plan if all else fails.

Could it happen?

YOUR PICKS
1: R2P26

OT GREG LITTLE
OLE MISS
2: R3P26

RB DAMIEN HARRIS
ALABAMA
3: R4P26

WR MECOLE HARDMAN
GEORGIA
4: R4P34

S KHARI WILLIS
MICHIGAN STATE
5: R5P27

TE DAX RAYMOND
UTAH STATE
6: R7P27

LB COLE HOLCOMB
NORTH CAROLINA

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I think you should speak for yourself.

Anyone expecting a certain position to be the pick at 58 doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

HAHA

Let's dissect what I said.

I - Meaning me the individual
Think - believe but not 100% sure
Most - a plurality but not all
of - self explanatory
us - the posters on this board
expect - the belief that it probably will happen

to see a safety or 3 tech there(at pick 58)

I did speak for myself and I do know what the hell I am talking about. Did someone piss in your cereal today?

Flamma

Reaction score
You know what else could be a surprise? Which player will have pics or video leaked right before the draft? Dallas is positioned perfectly for a player just like that! Second pick is where they seem to take their chances.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of people will be upset when it isn't Thornhill.

cowboyec

Reaction score
RB Damien Harris,Alabama.
I don't think this dude drops to the 3rd or 4th...and there's a reason they brought him in....and I wonder if they know something we don't bout #21....or Kellen Moore is 'bout to take a gatlin-gun to Linehan's offense.