Suzanne Somers- “Three's Company” and “Step by Step” Actress, Dead at 76

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...ress-dead-at-76/ar-AA1ifH1C?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Suzanne Somers, “Three's Company” and “Step by Step” Actress, Dead at 76​

1d294b03d084515c39e325c93dfc029c.jpg
7464bad8a348eea8ac872c1971ec422e.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just saw the news. Another 1970's television icon is gone.

Young folks will find it hard to relate. There is so MUCH television available now that only a portion of it can be enjoyed and digested.

It was CBS, NBC, HBO and ABC back then. Three's Company was a huge hit for ABC's comedy sit-coms lineup.

Practically every tv watcher sampled the show at one point or another. It was either that or two other tv shows on the other two networks. Or whatever HBO was featuring at that moment, which were usually always a movie.

Regardless whether you were a fan of the show or not, everyone knew who Somers was. She was very pretty and funny as heck. She was unforgettable no matter how many times you saw Chrissy on screen. She left a lasting impression, especially for the male audience, lol.

Rest in peace, Ms. Suzanne Marie Mahoney. You will be missed by those of us who ever watched you.

quickccc

Reaction score
Of the three original Three Company cast members, only Joyce DeWitt (Janet) remains alive.

This was such a phenomenal classic comedy show that I grew up watching ..and even still today,
I'm still remain so very infatuated with it and it still gives me the constant giggles..
It was just so very unique and special. One of a kind.

RIP Suzanne.
Condolence, thoughts and prayers with your family and loved ones.

f4b2a52a6c1e05afb4c03249180333dc.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Young folks will find it hard to relate. There is so MUCH television available now that only a portion of it can be enjoyed and digested.

It was CBS, NBC, HBO and ABC back then. Three's Company was a huge hit for ABC's comedy sit-coms lineup.

Practically every tv watcher sampled the show at one point or another. It was either that or two other tv shows on the other two networks. Or whatever HBO was featuring at that moment, which were usually always a movie.

Regardless whether you were a fan of the show or not, everyone knew who Somers was. She was very pretty and funny as heck. She was unforgettable no matter how many times you saw Chrissy on screen. She left a lasting impression, especially for the male audience, lol.

Rest in peace, Ms. Suzanne Marie Mahoney. You will be missed by those of us who ever watched you.
HBO??? We didn't have cable until the 80's, and we weren't about to pay extra for HBO!!! :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HBO??? We didn't have cable until the 80's, and we weren't about to pay extra for HBO!!! :laugh:
The 80's? And here I thought my part of northeastern Louisiana was getting hooked up late, compared to everyone else around the country, in 1977. :muttley:

I remember riding around town and seeing the extra line with the long black new rectangle box things attached to this house but not that house... Of course, my folks stayed OUTSIDE town and had to wait another six months before lines were strung. It was frustrating to hear classmates talk about what they saw on HBO the night before. Cable brought pain and satisfaction with it. :laugh:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

My TV memories start in the early 80’s. If living in a big city (larger the city the more locals) there were also the local channels where you basically watched all these shows as reruns. At that time, Cable was seen as a luxury in my neighborhood with I believe HBO, Showtime and MTV the 3 big ones. Back when MTV showed music videos. LOL

gtb1943

Reaction score
HBO was movies back then; it was not until 1983 that they started to really make their own TV shows.

Yeah you only had three choices back then; and thus the audience was only split three ways.

Even though the population of the US is half again as much now, the people watching shows back then DWARF the ratings for any TV show today. Only the SB remains the same.
For example in 1978 Laverne and Shirley was the top rated show with a rating of 30.5
In 2022 Sunday Night Football was the top rated show with a 12.5

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The 80's? And here I thought my part of northeastern Louisiana was getting hooked up late, compared to everyone else around the country, in 1977. :muttley:

I remember riding around town and seeing the extra line with the long black new rectangle box things attached to this house but not that house... Of course, my folks stayed OUTSIDE town and had to wait another six months before lines were strung. It was frustrating to hear classmates talk about what they saw on HBO the night before. Cable brought pain and satisfaction with it. :laugh:
I don't think we got cable until 1980, cable was kind of a luxury at the time, we never did get HBO, but we eventually did get Showtime.

Back before cable, seems like everyone watched the same shows and "Three's Company" was one of those shows that seemingly everyone watched. It was a big show in it's day. RIP Suzanne Somers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think we got cable until 1980, cable was kind of a luxury at the time, we never did get HBO, but we eventually did get Showtime.

Back before cable, seems like everyone watched the same shows and "Three's Company" was one of those shows that seemingly everyone watched. It was a big show in it's day. RIP Suzanne Somers.
There were 3 channels that came in well enough to watch, if you messed with the rabbit ears, added tinfoil, and stood in the right spot. I don't think we ever got any channel on UHF. So there were usually 3 shows to choose from at any given time...No wonder we played outside more than they do now.