Sweat arrested for DWI. Will he drop?

plasticman

Reaction score
So much for my mock draft.
There's our 2nd round pick.
He will still have to compete against those players recovering from serious injuries with inconclusive and risky outcomes.

But he definitely has a foot in the "Jerry's genius bargain acquisition" category. The reasoning typically starts with, "If it wasn't for that, he would be a top whatever number pick......"

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think if he drops to 27, Jerry will take him. Second round will be too late. I feel like with him and Mazi being transformed back to his old hefty self by Zimmer, this could be a great duo in the middle.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Remember what Jimmy said about drafting dumb players. This guy gets a DWI 2 1/2 weeks before one of the biggest days of his life, and potentially cost himself some millions. I wouldn't draft in the first or second round

morasp

Reaction score

1995 NFL Draft[edit]​

Ahead of the 1995 NFL draft, Sapp ran the fastest time in the 40-yard dash for a defensive tackle (4.69 sec). Sapp was considered a potential top five or 10 pick, but due to reports of multiple failed cocaine and marijuana tests released the night before the draft, many teams passed on him. He was ultimately selected 12th overall by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the first round.[10] The NFL released a statement strongly denying the rumors and Sapp believed an anonymous individual attempted to intentionally sabotage his draft chances.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org//wiki/Warren_Sapp

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I think if he drops to 27, Jerry will take him. Second round will be too late. I feel like with him and Mazi being transformed back to his old hefty self by Zimmer, this could be a great duo in the middle.
You really thought he was a top 20 pick before any of these legal matters? Hmm that is an interesting take.

1942willys

Reaction score
A good lawyer can do anything just ask OJ
if you think it had anything to do with the lawyers quality, you are sadly mistaken
everyone with a brain knows why OJ got off
trying to make parallels to this is frankly a joke

joseephuss

Reaction score
no need to explain for him, his actions speak louder than words. Hes low IQ. Easy pass. Not worth the headache. The NFL will automatically make him attend alcohol classes day 1 after the draft and we dont have time for that. We need guys that can play NOW and not need a nanny.
Sounds like Leon Lett except the risk for Lett was only a 7th round pick.

Flamma

Reaction score
Drops to 27? The big board I am looking at had him at 47 before the DWI. He's a fat slob with some potential. No one was taking him in the first.