Sweat arrested for DWI. Will he drop?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We don't need any more poor character players, I don't care how talented he is if we always have to worry about him off the field.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Getting a DWI doesn't make you undraftable. Getting a DWI a few weeks before your draft does.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We don't need any more poor character players, I don't care how talented he is if we always have to worry about him off the field.
Some teams are already saying he won't be on their board. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until Brugler said he was pretty open about his partying during the combines but promised teams it was behind him. Then this happens.......believe it or not, they are saying he still won't make it to 87.

Flamma

Reaction score
This kid is telling every team that interviews him that he likes to party lol...oh boy.... can't make this stuff up.
This is something you do if you don't want to get drafted. It's like going on a job interview and telling them how much you enjoy your sick time.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I've seen him mentioned several times from posters wanting him to be a Cowboy.

Draft Prospect T'Vondre Sweat Arrested For DWI
APR 8, 2024 8:40 AM

nfl_40.gif

One of the top defensive prospects in this month's NFL Draft, Texas product T'Vondre Sweat, has been arrested.
Sweat, 22, was detained in Austin, Texas, early Sunday after police arrested the defensive lineman on a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated.
Texas law mandates that a Class B misdemeanor, which is what he faces, is punishable by up to 180 days in jail, a fine of up to $2,000, or both.
The expectation was that Sweat would be either a first- or second-round pick.

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/50947/Draft-Prospect-TVondre-Sweat-Arrested-For-DWI

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is something you do if you don't want to get drafted. It's like going on a job interview and telling them how much you enjoy your sick time.
bingo! Johnny we have a winner. lol

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Some teams are already saying he won't be on their board. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until Brugler said he was pretty open about his partying during the combines but promised teams it was behind him. Then this happens.......believe it or not, they are saying he still won't make it to 87.
Cowboys need to stay away from these type of players, been burned way too much in the past

75boyz

Reaction score
This makes it like a coin toss between Sweat and the injured acl in November UT RB Brooks, as to our 2nd round choice.

2nd round = Character or injury choice. Take your pick.

I bet it's Brooks this year.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Every year there are "whispers" about certain players' character. They're stupid, they're greedy, they're lazy, etc. My attitude is that football players are people too... unless I see something concrete, they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Well Sweat just gave us something concrete. People were saying he's immature... they were 100% right about that.

Brax

Reaction score
I've seen him mentioned several times from posters wanting him to be a Cowboy.

Draft Prospect T'Vondre Sweat Arrested For DWI
APR 8, 2024 8:40 AM

nfl_40.gif

One of the top defensive prospects in this month's NFL Draft, Texas product T'Vondre Sweat, has been arrested.
Sweat, 22, was detained in Austin, Texas, early Sunday after police arrested the defensive lineman on a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated.
Texas law mandates that a Class B misdemeanor, which is what he faces, is punishable by up to 180 days in jail, a fine of up to $2,000, or both.
The expectation was that Sweat would be either a first- or second-round pick.

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/50947/Draft-Prospect-TVondre-Sweat-Arrested-For-DWI
Jerry drafted Dak after a DUI Arrest, a good lawyer will get it thrown out.

Flamma

Reaction score
The accident happened between 4am and 5am in the morning. He was partying hard all night.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
You are already rich from college and about to get richer. Uber home for crying out loud!!
that is exactly right, is he worth the risk now to draft, is the big question. Would you still draft Sweat at 87.

Flamma

Reaction score
that is exactly right, is he worth the risk now to draft, is the big question. Would you still draft Sweat at 87.
I wouldn't go near him until sometime in day 3. If he's still there, (he won't be) what do you have to lose? But there is a very good chance Jerry takes him in round 2. We have precedent.