Switzer

DcFootball4

Reaction score
To bad considering the chances Beasley leaves for more money and the guy we drafted to takeover we got rid of. What do you think it would cost to get him back? Even if we draft a slot guy, having him for slot and kr/pr couldn’t hurt.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Ive heard he is very arrogant

I was watching the Dallas Cowboys Report on YouTube, I thought he said the reason Switzer was traded was because of Linehan. I just figured with Linehan gone, he might be good to bring back on the cheap. But if he has a bad attitude with all the coaches, I don’t see a point.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I was watching the Dallas Cowboys Report on YouTube, I thought he said the reason Switzer was traded was because of Linehan. I just figured with Linehan gone, he might be good to bring back on the cheap. But if he has a bad attitude with all the coaches, I don’t see a point.

Had we kept him, he likely would have been replacing Beasley right about now. He showed a lot more flash his rookie year than a guy that just wanted to quit and has no home run speed...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not worth trading for but we need to draft or sign a kr/pr and slot guy.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yeah they gave up on a fairly high draft pick after only one year. Something about him they clearly didn't like.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Switzer is a bad receiver. He has a 7.0 yards per reception and 1 TD in 42 receptions. This year, he had the lowest ypr of any receiver. Bruce Ellington was down there with him; the next lowest guy was better by more than a full yard.

Beasley's worst ypr was 8.5 in his rookie season and he's at 10.3 for his career.

If you want Switzer as a returner, fine, but that's the only place he provides any value.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Switzer is a bad receiver. He has a 7.0 yards per reception and 1 TD in 42 receptions. This year, he had the lowest ypr of any receiver. Bruce Ellington was down there with him; the next lowest guy was better by more than a full yard.

Beasley's worst ypr was 8.5 in his rookie season and he's at 10.3 for his career.

If you want Switzer as a returner, fine, but that's the only place he provides any value.

Does he? He really wasn't that good as a returner this season. The Dallas return game needs improvement, but I don't think Switzer is that guy.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Does he? He really wasn't that good as a returner this season. The Dallas return game needs improvement, but I don't think Switzer is that guy.
I actually have no opinion on that. Sort of had a vague idea that he was pretty good as a returner, but I wouldn't be able to defend that view.

jrumann59

Reaction score

could it be he was used as 4th or 5th option near the line of scrimmage. lets not forget he is buried on much more talented receiving corp and yet he he was almost equal to beasley's 2nd year.

joseephuss

Reaction score
could it be he was used as 4th or 5th option near the line of scrimmage. lets not forget he is buried on much more talented receiving corp and yet he he was almost equal to beasley's 2nd year.

Almost equal in terms of receptions, but not in yards. Dallas attempted 586 passes in Beasley's 2nd season. Pittsburgh attempted 689 passes this past season.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Almost equal in terms of receptions, but not in yards. Dallas attempted 586 passes in Beasley's 2nd season. Pittsburgh attempted 689 passes this past season.
True but he is 4th or 5th option when on field. They are throwing to likes of Conner, Schuster-Smith, MacDonald/James, AB, or Washington before even looking in switzers direction. Beasley has always been the slot olption due to the offense this team runs.

joseephuss

Reaction score
True but he is 4th or 5th option when on field. They are throwing to likes of Conner, Schuster-Smith, MacDonald/James, AB, or Washington before even looking in switzers direction. Beasley has always been the slot olption due to the offense this team runs.

In 2013 Beasley was the 4th or 5th option. Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Terrance Williams were on the outside, Jason Witten at TE and Demarco Murray got a lot of targets at running back. Austin, when healthy also got moved around the slot as well that season.

Switzer may continue to develop. I thought he was a decent pick in the 4th round. He didn't work in Dallas. Part of that was missing most of training camp and all of the pre-season games his rookie season. He also apparently didn't understand his role on the team. His role in Pittsburgh didn't look any different than what Dallas had planned for him. He may continue to improve, but I don't see a need trade for him. There can be similar players found in the draft.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
His season wasn't remotely close to Beasley's second year. Beasley caught 39 passes for 368 yards (9.4 ypr). Switzer caught 36 for 253 (7.0 ypr). Two and a half yards fewer per catch is a huge difference. And Beasley wasn't particularly good that year: he took a big step his third year. There's no particular reason to think Switzer would make a similar step (and of course, he's starting from a much lower point).
True but he is 4th or 5th option when on field. They are throwing to likes of Conner, Schuster-Smith, MacDonald/James, AB, or Washington before even looking in switzers direction.
Right. That's because Switzer is a bad receiver.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Switzer showed flashes in the return game with us in 2017, but I really think Tavon is "the guy" for us in that regard. You saw what he was able to do towards the end of the year.

We'd be out of our minds not to extend him to be our dynamic return man.

jrumann59

Reaction score
His season wasn't remotely close to Beasley's second year. Beasley caught 39 passes for 368 yards (9.4 ypr). Switzer caught 36 for 253 (7.0 ypr). Two and a half yards fewer per catch is a huge difference. And Beasley wasn't particularly good that year: he took a big step his third year. There's no particular reason to think Switzer would make a similar step (and of course, he's starting from a much lower point).
Right. That's because Switzer is a bad receiver.
Or the the guys in front of him are that good. Would you put switzer in before either Steelers TE, Smith, Brown. Beasley is closer to switzer than he is closer to the top 3 receiving options on Steelers