T. Crawford

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JBS, Sep 14, 2016.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

54,409 Messages
    54,708 Likes Received
    Never been sold on the guy as anything more than solid.

2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

9,164 Messages
    4,625 Likes Received
    I'm not going to rip on the guy just yet but this defense is designed to make him a difference-maker. He is supposed to wreak havoc in this scheme. If he's healthy, he needs to produce or else Irving should get more of his snaps.

3. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Tyrone who? Never hear his name called.

4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

26,051 Messages
    12,902 Likes Received
    I don't.

I'm not saying he played great, but it's not like he really had any opportuniteis to make plays.

5. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

15,195 Messages
    9,885 Likes Received
    Getting blown off the ball and gettin gashed in the run game is meaningless? Maybe I can do his job

AzorAhai and LocimusPrime like this.
  6. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

10,969 Messages
    8,264 Likes Received
    I don't think he is a bad player.

This is his 5th year in the NFL. I think we pretty much know what he is now. An 'ok' pass rusher, maybe slightly below average in run defense.

I wouldn't have a major problem with him other than he was given a contract that you'd expect of a 'very good' 4-3 DT--- which he isn't.

7. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

34,138 Messages
    93,098 Likes Received
    Are the criteria to be a defensive starter for the Cowboys : injury prone, statistically ineffective, suspension prone, be smallish and " quick twitch"

8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

26,051 Messages
    12,902 Likes Received
    The 3-tech isn't responsible for interior runs. In the 4th quarter, they used his penetration against him in the run game, which is one of the flaws in this defensive system.

Floatyworm likes this.
  9. AzorAhai

AzorAhai Well-Known Member

6,495 Messages
    8,859 Likes Received
    You can't be serious. Are you really going to sit there and defend him getting constantly walked 6-8 yards down the field, right into his LBs laps with a simple "it's not his job"? I guarantee the coaches didn't watch the tape and just say "no biggie". Maybe his top priority isn't run D, but it's damn sure one of his responsibilities.

10. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

2,651 Messages
    1,910 Likes Received
    People are absurd with their overreactions but he was definitely bad on Sunday. As I said in one of the many threads that always gets made to discuss the same topics...he has crap around him but stood out as bad on Sunday. Im never surprised that he doesnt perform when there is no other threat on the dline. It will be interesting to see what happens when Lawrence comes back, and i expect nothing from the dline until they have a front 4 that looks like it belongs in an nfl game.

11. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

10,206 Messages
    8,424 Likes Received
    Yeah, he's a guy that got paid and suddenly fell off the radar.

12. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

10,206 Messages
    8,424 Likes Received
    I don't know that it's how bad he is, he's just not what we're paying him to be.

13. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

17,857 Messages
    8,176 Likes Received
    I don't think I saw him getting walked 6-8 yds down the field constantly however, the dude does NOT watch the football.

It seems he has a personal agenda with the hat across from him and turns it into a wrestling match instead of trying to get off the block and tackle something.

Does he even have one move?

Of course he's gonna have back problems if all he does is bull-rush, IMO.

Floatyworm likes this.
  14. AzorAhai

AzorAhai Well-Known Member

6,495 Messages
    8,859 Likes Received
    I saw multiple times where he was walked back into his LBs laps leaving huge holes up the middle. When they were getting gashed up the middle, he was a huge reason why. Maybe constantly is the wrong word, but he was getting blown off the ball way too often for my likes. Now he was getting doubled some, but if the answer is just double him and he won't be able to anchor, that's going to be a problem long term. He has to at least be able to hold his ground there.

Seven likes this.
  15. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

15,195 Messages
    9,885 Likes Received
    You'd be correct...Garrett went as far as basically saying that he sucked...so no, the coaches weren't happy w him

16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

60,621 Messages
    110,191 Likes Received
    He played Sunday with the bubonic plague.