T.O. injured

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
It's minor, of course, but this is Rosenhaus' M.O. Mike McKenzie had a similar situation last year - held out through the mini-camps, was forced to show up for training camp, then in the first week had a mysterious groin injury that kept him out of action until week 3 (when he was traded to N.O. and magically healed).

Owens leaves morning practice with minor injury

By Marc Narducci
Inquirer Staff Writer

BETHLEHEM, PA -- Disgruntled wide receiver Terrell Owens missed the final part of the Eagles' morning practice Thursday with left groin inflammation. The Eagles said it is possible that he could participate in the afternoon workout.

Owens still isn't talking to the media, with the exception of a few less-than-insightful comments on Wednesday to former NFL receiver Irving Fryar on Channel 6.

Prior to the injury, Owens has made several impressive plays in practice, including a 40-yard touchdown reception from Donovan McNabb in a full 11-on-11 workout.

There was no update on the situation of running back Brian Westbrook, who entered his fourth day as a holdout. It's costing Westbrook $6,000 a day.

For the second straight day, the Eagles worked in full pads and worked up a full sweat. Temperatures were again in the mid 90's with high humidity.

"It's tough," cornerback Lito Sheppard said about the heat. "You just have to push through it and work."

Eagles rookie linebacker Matt McCoy and second-year defensive back Matt Ware, neither of whom practiced yesterday, returned to the field on Thursday morning.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Ha tey say its' minor then it turns serious, this is just a reason so he doestn go to camp, please we're not dumb TO

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
you could kind of see this one coming couldnt you ??

Reaction score
It's a scam. I wouldn't put anything past this pr**k. I could well imagine he had it all planned before he came back. Thank God we don't have to deal with a jerk like this.

Kilyin

Reaction score
It's a scam. I wouldn't put anything past this pr**k. I could well imagine he had it all planned before he came back. Thank God we don't have to deal with a jerk like this.

I'm telling you, so was the whole Superbowl fiasco. Yeah it was obvious Roy Williams hurt him, but I think the extent of the injury was extremely overplayed by Owens and friends. He just wanted to look like some sort of hero and the consummate 'team player' in the Superbowl and it worked to perfection. Except, I personally believe he thought that would guarantee him more money in addition to the glory, but it hasn't worked out that way. Now TO is in all out whine mode, and I think it's hilarious.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery.

(funny how your perspective changes once you have a guy on your fantasy team) :D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Danny White said:

(funny how your perspective changes once you have a guy on your fantasy team) :D

and you wonder why i say dont draft him

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I heard he stopped because of the heat..............Apparently it is unusually hot there at Philly camp. Don't really care, just want to see Williams pound his face on the star!

fortdick

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
I'm telling you, so was the whole Superbowl fiasco. Yeah it was obvious Roy Williams hurt him, but I think the extent of the injury was extremely overplayed by Owens and friends. He just wanted to look like some sort of hero and the consummate 'team player' in the Superbowl and it worked to perfection.

Yeah, worked perfectly for New England! LMAO!

Who else will vote the Philadelphia Egos the biggest chokers since the Buffulo Bills?

:lombardi:
:trophy:

Thank you Buddy Ryan for giving me someone to hate as much as Osama Bin Hidin'

:suxiggle:

Have I made my point?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
It was later reported it was a hammy instead of a heat problem........

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
If it is a ploy to get out of camp without being fined, it's pretty low. If it's actually a groin injury, it's just the chickens coming home to roost. Groin injuries can linger, too. Joey Galloway was about the same age when he started having problems with them.

Off the topic, but I like this quote from Hugh Douglas:

"I'm renegotiating for a package of Milk Duds and a box of crackers," Douglas said. "If I don't get it, I'm leaving. I've got to feed my family."

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
I was watching BDSSP the other night and Rodney Peete was saying what could possibly happen , is TO all of a sudden pull up lame right before the season starts.If he gets his contract,then its a miraculous recovery.Hmmmm.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Boy's fan in Giant land said:

If it acts like a ****** bag ... and it smells like a ****** bag ... chances are ... it's probably a ****** bag ...

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
djdoug said:
I was watching BDSSP the other night and Rodney Peete was saying what could possibly happen , is TO all of a sudden pull up lame right before the season starts.If he gets his contract,then its a miraculous recovery.Hmmmm.
The only reason that I mention it is because Drew Rosenhaus used this tactic last year with Mike McKenzie. Search on Google for McKenzie and "mysterious hamstring injury" and you'll see the results. It was miraculously cured the week he was traded to the Saints.

AtlCB

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
It's minor, of course, but this is Rosenhaus' M.O. Mike McKenzie had a similar situation last year - held out through the mini-camps, was forced to show up for training camp, then in the first week had a mysterious groin injury that kept him out of action until week 3 (when he was traded to N.O. and magically healed).

Owens leaves morning practice with minor injury

By Marc Narducci
Inquirer Staff Writer

BETHLEHEM, PA -- Disgruntled wide receiver Terrell Owens missed the final part of the Eagles' morning practice Thursday with left groin inflammation. The Eagles said it is possible that he could participate in the afternoon workout.

Owens still isn't talking to the media, with the exception of a few less-than-insightful comments on Wednesday to former NFL receiver Irving Fryar on Channel 6.

Prior to the injury, Owens has made several impressive plays in practice, including a 40-yard touchdown reception from Donovan McNabb in a full 11-on-11 workout.

There was no update on the situation of running back Brian Westbrook, who entered his fourth day as a holdout. It's costing Westbrook $6,000 a day.

For the second straight day, the Eagles worked in full pads and worked up a full sweat. Temperatures were again in the mid 90's with high humidity.

"It's tough," cornerback Lito Sheppard said about the heat. "You just have to push through it and work."

Eagles rookie linebacker Matt McCoy and second-year defensive back Matt Ware, neither of whom practiced yesterday, returned to the field on Thursday morning.
I'm guessing that it's a diaper rash.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White said:

Yeah - I have friends who are "fans" of the Cowboys and they cheer when the other team who are on their fantasy team scores against the Cowboys ... :rolleyes:

Needless to say, I don't invite them over to watch the game, nor do I accept their invitations to do so ...

I don't think you and I could be football watching buddies, Danny. :) I'd end up pile driving you and kicking you out on my front lawn. I really don't have time for nonsense like cheering for the Eagles ... I'd even let your political views slide, but wishing TO well?

C'mon

It's not about your fantasy football team, it's about the :starspin

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
The only reason that I mention it is because Drew Rosenhaus used this tactic last year with Mike McKenzie. Search on Google for McKenzie and "mysterious hamstring injury" and you'll see the results. It was miraculously cured the week he was traded to the Saints.

That's interesting. I did not remember that with Dred-locks. Well, Rosenhaus specifically said, "we have a plan." Now we know what part of the plan is. :)

·[A]koN·

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:

So True, ....:D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Yeah - I have friends who are "fans" of the Cowboys and they cheer when the other team who are on their fantasy team scores against the Cowboys ... :rolleyes:

Needless to say, I don't invite them over to watch the game, nor do I accept their invitations to do so ...

I don't think you and I could be football watching buddies, Danny. :) I'd end up pile driving you and kicking you out on my front lawn. I really don't have time for nonsense like cheering for the Eagles ... I'd even let your political views slide, but wishing TO well?

C'mon

It's not about your fantasy football team, it's about the :starspin

It's a joke, ben. Nothing would make me happier than seeing TO sit out the whole season.

And I never root for the Eagles or against the Cowboys... no matter the circumstances.

Better?