T.O. Played Bigger Than Most Think...

Reaction score
Yes, T.O. had only to catches but he still was making plays by blocking! That's right, T.O. a blocker and tackler.

There were a few plays were T.O. made some excellent blocks down field, helping Barber and Jones get down field.

The big run that Felix Jones had, it was T.O. running down the field to make sure that would be tacklers would not make a tackle on Felix Jones.

Also, on Romo's pick, it was T.O. making the tackle. Owens was taking out around the five after the pick but got up, ran down the field to make the tackle on the Safety that made the pick.

IMO, T.O. is the most complete player at his position and not even Randy Moss does what Owens does.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree that Owens does not get enough credit for the little things.

That blocking down field for Jones was great.

sbark

Reaction score
One of the networks postgame gave TO's exploits as described above kudo's...I beleive it was Deon

so it didnt go unnoticed by the networks either........

superpunk

Reaction score
He's the fastest player I've ever seen on a football field, which is amazing considering his size.

I don't think that's an exaggeration.

superpunk;2277841 said:
That's the TO difference.

Three defenders covered him on that play, and left Miles wide open. It doesn't get any easier, and it's all made possible by the opposing defense being scared to death of Owens.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I pointed this out last night.

He was also the reason Miles Austin got all those single opportunities downfield.

Also, if you notice, whenever somebody on the team makes a great play and he is near them, he always goes up and congratulates them.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
superpunk;2277873 said:
He's the fastest player I've ever seen on a football field, which is amazing considering his size.

I don't think that's an exaggeration.

Agreed, his competitive spirit allows him to kick into a second gear.

gambit187

Reaction score
There is no way that Randy Moss and his sulking behind , gets up and tackles that guy with the INT.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has said TO didn't have a good night, he was everywhere.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That play were Romo threw the pick was amazing because someone nailed TO and knocked him off his feet but TO came flying back to make the tackle...really amazing.

His blocking, that tackle and him running guard for Felix.

He really did have a good game minus his drops.

The old TO would have been upset at not getting passes, this TO still made plays when the old one would have given up or sulked on the sidelines.

Much improved TO the last two years. I just know that 49ers and Eagles fans have to hate seeing him with the cowboys.

On a side note, it was kind of funny seeing him grimace when Gurode walked by with his finger injury and Al saying that TO would never be a med student. :laugh2:

Mr.davon24

PGH Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2277876 said:
I pointed this out last night.

He was also the reason Miles Austin got all those single opportunities downfield.

Also, if you notice, whenever somebody on the team makes a great play and he is near them, he always goes up and congratulates them.

This is true... I also noticed after every big play or so the evil media would zoom in a his facial expressions. I know they're vary disappointed that he is being a team player.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2277907 said:
He really did have a good game minus his drops.
Was it drop(s) plural ??

I remember the one in the second half, ... I felt sorry for him, because he wasn't getting any balls, and then he finally gets one and he dropped it by trying to turn it upfield too early in an effort to try and make something big happen.

On a side note, it was kind of funny seeing him grimace when Gurode walked by with his finger injury and Al saying that TO would never be a med student. :laugh2:

I totally missed that, wonder what I was doing?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gambit187;2277891 said:
There is no way that Randy Moss and his sulking behind , gets up and tackles that guy with the INT.
After he got blocked to the ground near the end zone no less.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
gambit187;2277891 said:

He went after that Defender after the INT because "his QB" threw the INT and he had his back. He wasnt gonna let him score on Tony.

Yeah... they are that tight.

T.O. = Self Made.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;2277931 said:
Was it drop(s) plural ??

I remember the one in the second half, ... I felt sorry for him, because he wasn't getting any balls, and then he finally gets one and he dropped it by trying to turn it upfield too early in an effort to try and make something big happen.

I totally missed that, wonder what I was doing?

Pretty sure there were two but I could be wrong.

Either way he more than made up for it with his play in supporting his team mates.

As far as the grimace over Gurodes finger. It happened as they were going to commercial or coming right out of it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yeah TO had a few drops. I dont know if passes were dead on but drops nonetheless.

I just saw the Felix Jones run for the TD. TO was an ANIMAL running down as a one many convoy deflecting a wouldbe tackler away from Felix. TO was running like he had the ball.

I love this stuff. Almost as much as sforing a TD.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I was very proud of the way he played last night. He never let the fact that he wasn't getting the ball get in his head and make him a problem. He played hard all night long and did all the little things that WR's never get credit for but that you can be certain he'll assurdly never get credit for.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2277866 said:
Yes, T.O. had only to catches but he still was making plays by blocking! That's right, T.O. a blocker and tackler.

There were a few plays were T.O. made some excellent blocks down field, helping Barber and Jones get down field.

The big run that Felix Jones had, it was T.O. running down the field to make sure that would be tacklers would not make a tackle on Felix Jones.

Also, on Romo's pick, it was T.O. making the tackle. Owens was taking out around the five after the pick but got up, ran down the field to make the tackle on the Safety that made the pick.

IMO, T.O. is the most complete player at his position and not even Randy Moss does what Owens does.

I have no problem with the job Owens did in the game. I figured the Pack would change how they covered him to make it harder for him and the only solution out there is for other guys to step up and make the other team pay for focusing on Owens

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
YoMick;2278028 said:
Yeah TO had a few drops. I dont know if passes were dead on but drops nonetheless.

Wow, a few ???

That means at least 3, ... I don't know what game I was watching!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2278058 said:
Wow, a few ???

That means at least 3, ... I don't know what game I was watching!

I am the biggest TO fan... but with that said I call it like I see it.

Werent their atleast 2? If not... break it down for me?(yes, thats a serious question).