Tabasco sauce

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
What the hell is that?

I'm a huge outdoors guy and a part time hunting guide/outfitter. We spend a lot of time on the trail eating freeze dried and dehydrated pouch meals. In the backpacking world Mountain House chili mac is king. I have brands I like more than Tabasco, but it seems to be the crowd favorite and what I carry for clients.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really good friend is a land man and her territory is LA and she got tight with the McIlhenny family, so much that she's stayed with them over the holidays a few times. They have a house brew in limited quantities that they only share with family and friends and she brought me a bottle back since she can't eat hot stuff. It was a deeper red and had a finish unlike any hot sauce I ever tasted and she didn't know what they did differently because it is a well guarded family recipe like the rib rub at The Rendezvous in Memphis. I know it was aged because it had the date that it was casked and then bottled and numbered, like a fine wine. It didn't last long and by the time I got to <25% of the bottle, it became "my precious".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best is the small individual bags. Open them, apply Tabasco liberally, fold the top and shake. Enjoy with cold Dos Equis or a Shiner.
Those little shiny on the inside bags are magic, I squirt mustard and/or ketchup or sriracha in there. That's what allowed the guy at DQ in Abilene to create the Frito Chili Pie. I think you could put molten lave in those bags.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
GUEST_b13adc29-b9f0-4511-80cf-1adb62ed8807

Superior

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Years ago when I was losing weight I substituted hot sauce for snacks (Frank's Hot Sauce/Tobasco mostly). Whenever I had the urge to eat something I splashed a few drops on my tongue and my hunger subsided for awhile. I still do it occasionally.