Tackle observation in AZ game....watching for the third time

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I completely understand why BP does not want to put Vollers in the starting rotation and is trying to keep him as the swing man....he sucked in the AZ!!!!!

That's being nice....he got beat over and over again. It was horrible...he and Tucker were by far the worst. Tucker had major mental mistake issues, but Vollers flat out gets beat consistantly.

This is what I really hope! I hope Petitti can take the RT position and keep it, then move Rogers as the swing guy to play both left or right tackle as back up....Vollers has to go. For those that have this game Tivo'd go watch him...you'll see what I mean.

Woods

Reaction score
I'll take your word for it.

But I'm a bit surprised Vollers stunk so much. I thought he was adeqate end of last season - atleast for a reserve.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Woods said:
I'll take your word for it.

But I'm a bit surprised Vollers stunk so much. I thought he was adeqate end of last season - atleast for a reserve.

I posted this twice myself...

Vollers was truly dreadful...in all honesty he doesnt even look like a decent backup, at least he didnt vs Arizona

David

Ken

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I completely understand why BP does not want to put Vollers in the starting rotation and is trying to keep him as the swing man....he sucked in the AZ!!!!!

That's being nice....he got beat over and over again. It was horrible...he and Tucker were by far the worst. Tucker had major mental mistake issues, but Vollers flat out gets beat consistantly.

This is what I really hope! I hope Petitti can take the RT position and keep it, then move Rogers as the swing guy to play both left or right tackle as back up....Vollers has to go. For those that have this game Tivo'd go watch him...you'll see what I mean.
I totally agree.

Watched it again last night, really focusing on Johnson and Peterman, who also were horrible, and Vollers kept jumping out at me as being pathetic.

I also agree that Petitti has to step up and take that job. He was leaps and bounds better than the other two schlubs, going against a much better player.

I am not counting out Rodgers though. I think this injury thing is a little blown out of proportion. I think he will be heard from again soon.

Good analysis.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Tucker needs to go.Come on Rob,the job is yours if YOU want it.We may need to look for an additional tackle,if there is one available.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Ken said:
I totally agree.

Watched it again last night, really focusing on Johnson and Peterman, who also were horrible, and Vollers kept jumping out at me as being pathetic.

I also agree that Petitti has to step up and take that job. He was leaps and bounds better than the other two schlubs, going against a much better player.

I am not counting out Rodgers though. I think this injury thing is a little blown out of proportion. I think he will be heard from again soon.

Good analysis.
I agree he will be heard from again soon...saying, "Coach I twisted my pinky...I need to have an MRI on it."