3-JC Latham Alabama (13)

4-Taliese Fuaga Oregon State (16)
5-Amarius Mims Georgia (17)
6-Tyler Guyton Oklahoma (18)

7-Kingsley Suamataia BYU (38)
8-Patrick Paul Houston (55)
9-Kiran Amegadjie Yale (58)
10-Blake Fisher Notre Dame (63)

Clearly it's a great draft of tackle prospects. Think after the top are selected, becomes which flavor of ice cream do you prefer? Can 1 of those 3 in the 2nd tier fall to the Cowboys?

TheDank

Reaction score
I don’t think the top 4 guys on that list get close to us but there’s a solid chance Mims and Guyton are available at 24. Mims has played so little football I don’t think I can take him comfortably in R1 plus I don’t see him moving to LT. I like Guyton fine and I think he could make the move from right to left but he’s still a project. I’d rather have Suamataia in R2 than either if we’re taking a tackle or JPJ if he’s available and we don’t pay Biadsz.

I think Fuaga will be consensus T #2 on boards by the time we get closer also.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1-Joe Alt Notre Dame (6)
2-Olu Fashanu Penn State (9)
3-JC Latham Alabama (13)

4-Taliese Fuaga Oregon State (16)
5-Amarius Mims Georgia (17)
6-Tyler Guyton Oklahoma (18)

7-Kingsley Suamataia BYU (38)
8-Patrick Paul Houston (55)
9-Kiran Amegadjie Yale (58)
10-Blake Fisher Notre Dame (63)

Clearly it's a great draft of tackle prospects. Think after the top are selected, becomes which flavor of ice cream do you prefer? Can 1 of those 3 in the 2nd tier fall to the Cowboys?
Dane is not very high on Morgan I see

I think Mims is the most likely. Guyton is a freak, so I dont expect him to last that long

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I don’t think any of the top 6 are there. Barton,Morgan, Fautanu might be what we are looking at.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don’t think any of the top 6 are there. Barton,Morgan, Fautanu might be what we are looking at.
I think one of those top 6 slides to us if we want him.

Guess we'll see!

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Dane is not very high on Morgan I see

I think Mims is the most likely. Guyton is a freak, so I dont expect him to last that long
I'd say anyone of these 3 players would be a good pick , center is also a good possibility at 24 or 27,28.A trade down feels possible.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He has him as a Guard rated 32nd
Man that’s tough for me after watching the way he handled Liatu. Reminds of when Slater was coming out how everyone said just watch the tape against Chase Young and he can stick at OT.

That aside, I imagine we’ll bring Tyron back for a year and the team is likely higher in Steele bouncing back than we are. If an OT is BPA in rounds 1 or 2 great…but I don’t see it as we must draft an OLmen in round 1 like some are claiming.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Man that’s tough for me after watching the way he handled Liatu. Reminds of when Slater was coming out how everyone said just watch the tape against Chase Young and he can stick at OT.

That aside, I imagine we’ll bring Tyron back for a year and the team is likely higher in Steele bouncing back than we are. If an OT is BPA in rounds 1 or 2 great…but I don’t see it as we must draft an OLmen in round 1 like some are claiming.
I bet Dane's NFL sources are telling him that see him as a Guard.

After hearing MM a few weeks ago, they will be interested in bring back Tyron. Steele just signed his extension and they will be moving forward with him as well. No, there isn't an immediate need, but if a future Tackle lands in our lap, he makes a ton of us to draft him now.

As for the rest of the OL, just think about it for a moment: Biaz is a fa, Martin probably has 2 years maybe 3 left, need to replace Tyron as well. Makes a ton of sense to draft OL this yr, but of coarse it will come down to who is the best player available.

tm1119

Reaction score
He’s a bit raw, but I think Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. He’s huge, powerful, and can move really well. Work on his technique and I think he could be a high level LT

cnuball21

Reaction score

After hearing MM a few weeks ago, they will be interested in bring back Tyron. Steele just signed his extension and they will be moving forward with him as well. No, there isn't an immediate need, but if a future Tackle lands in our lap, he makes a ton of us to draft him now.

As for the rest of the OL, just think about it for a moment: Biaz is a fa, Martin probably has 2 years maybe 3 left, need to replace Tyron as well. Makes a ton of sense to draft OL this yr, but of coarse it will come down to who is the best player available.
Oh I get it…I think Dane has 8 OTs in his top 20 or so. If that’s the best player make the pick.

I just don’t want us to reach if a stud rated higher somehow falls.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

Morgan’s arms came up short of the 33” (32 7/8”) threshold it seems most NFL tackles seem to be.