Tackle Situation

tommymac22

Reaction score
Flo on one side assuming he is healthy. Assuming Colombo takes the right side. Does Parcells' risk trying to put McQ on the practice squad...(b/c I think some team will pick him up), cut Pettiti (I don't think Parcells will b/c he has invested time in him, plus I think it is a personal issue with him, I think Parcells sees something in this kid and wants to make up for his misses)...or Cut Fabini who he has ties to b/c he drafted him. To complicate matters look at Parcell's quote about veterans impeeding(spelling?) the progress of young guys. Personally, I would love to see Flo healthy and Fabini start on the right side, strictly b/c they are both vets. However, for the future I would love to see Colombo man the right side and McQ and Rob show enough to cut Fabini so we could go with the young guys. (Thus preventing us from having to spend a 1st on a tackle) Let me know what you guys think! Take it easy on me, I'm new to posting:star:

parchy

Reaction score
I like Colombo and everything, but I'd take Fabini, Pettiti and even McQ over him. If I had my druthers I'd cut Fabini, but his contract makes that an impossibility right now, especially with the cap penalty the team will have to eat from Henson's release. And he's at least starting to pick it up.

The talent isn't exactly all there on the right side, so why not go with a couple of younger guys?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I think you are right with keeping the young guys. I would look for Flo and Colombo to start, Pettiti to be the gameday active roster backup swing tackle and McQuistan to make the 53 but not see much action. Fabini looks done to me...average at best and he missed some blocks.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Agreed i think its looks like this

1. Adams
2. Columbo
3. Mcquistan
4. Pettit

3&4 are interchangeable this is just how i see it.

Guard and center are easy and this gives us the 9 we expected

Kosier,Procter, Rivera, Gurode, Johnson

trueblue1687

Reaction score
parchy said:
I like Colombo and everything, but I'd take Fabini, Pettiti and even McQ over him. If I had my druthers I'd cut Fabini, but his contract makes that an impossibility right now, especially with the cap penalty the team will have to eat from Henson's release. And he's at least starting to pick it up.

The talent isn't exactly all there on the right side, so why not go with a couple of younger guys?

I think you may be selling Columbo a little short. Consider where he is at skill wise (after 2 years inactive) versus Pettiti after 16 games. His play is obviously enough that Parcells has taken notice. I think Someone hit pretty big with McQuistan. He really has played pretty well and looks to be a good developmental Tackle. Fabini looks lethargic to me when he is out there...just my opinion though.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
parchy said:
If I had my druthers I'd cut Fabini, but his contract makes that an impossibility right now, especially with the cap penalty the team will have to eat from Henson's release.

We have plenty of room to absorb Henson's cap hit. And we'd save cap room if we cut Fabini.

sago1

Reaction score
Don't think cap room is an issue; we didn't pay Fabini starter OT money. I'd also rather keep Colombo who looks good after 3 1/2 years of non play.

This is first year Colombo healthy enough to go thru weight conditioning program; depending on how far he has come from 02 injury, he may improve with more playing time. Also since he only played in about 7 NFL games before injury, he inexperienced vet compared to Pettiti. BTW: If anyone interested enough, go to NFL.com & pull up analyst evaluation of his potential back in 02 when he drafted. It's a wow report.

But I'd also like to keep Fabini cause frankly I have no confidence in either Pettiti (has no NFL experience at LT) or McQuistan (no NFL experience at all) should Adams go down for any length of time. Don't want a repeat of Tucker at LT.