Tackles in the 2024 Draft

Carter

Reaction score
I know its a big need but our position wont be good to draft a Day 1 starting Tackle that so many think we need next season.

The Tackle Class is weak.

Fashanu from Penn State and Alt from Notre Dame are Top 10 Picks, atleast one will go Top 5.

After them its Latham from Bama who is ranked 11th overall too.

After him its Mims from Georgia, who is ranked 21th overall, likely not there when we pick at around 30.

And thats pretty much it for Day 1 Tackles that could start Day 1.

Barton from Duke and Fautanu from Washington are Guards at the Pro Level and wont be great at T in the NFL.

Next guy that is okay is Tyler Guyton from Oklahoma, who has a 2nd Round Grade.

Is that the guy we should draft just because of need if there is a better ranked player on DT, RB, LB or even WR available?

For me the O-Line Draft Strategy has to be decided what they do with Tyler Smith. He is All Pro Level at Guard but we seem to cant find a Tyron Smith Replacement.

So if we stick him at LT, than it has to be permanent going forward. Hes average at LT but than you can draft one of the best Guards in the Draft at 30. Fautanu would be my guy.

Plankton

Reaction score
Taliese Fuaga would be a great addition at tackle if he's there when the Cowboys pick. Right blend of nastiness and size.