Taco vs Hill

cowboyec

Reaction score
props to him realising he's gotta do things their way...to get on the field.
now its up to him.
I think he'll be a good'n...we'll see.

waldoputty

Reaction score
i saw one play where he hit the qb pretty hard

"Hill ignites goal-line stop
For the first game of his career, Trysten Hill had two big plays early that kept the Dolphins out of the end zone. While the rookie from UCF wasn’t credited with stops, he did knife up the field twice on Miami’s running plays to help stuff Kalen Ballage, forcing a field goal. Instead of trimming the Cowboys’ lead to 10-7, it was just 10-3 and the Cowboys remained in control."
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/don-t-forget-these-5-converting-3rd-and-20

TWOK11

Reaction score
He was ok, he blew up a goal line run and had a nice pressure. His biggest problem right now is that he isn’t reading plays as they develop and just using his natural ability to attack what he sees pre snap.

He has FAR more natural talent and get off than Taco though. He has a remarkably quick first step for a DT.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He was ok, he blew up a goal line run and had a nice pressure. His biggest problem right now is that he isn’t reading plays as they develop and just using his natural ability to attack what he sees pre snap.

He has FAR more natural talent and get off than Taco though. He has a remarkably quick first step for a DT.
He got his hand on the QB before the handoff. That rarely happens in the nfl.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He was just as ineffective.

The fact he may have a better attitude is irrelevant.

Results are all that count.
Are you new to football?

He is a rookie.

Also, like almost everything in life... Football most certainly included, your attitude and approach matters.

quickccc

Reaction score
i actually saw Hill in on a QB hurry .. i'd like to re-watch and see his moments

i'm actually glad he got in the game and got some snaps - thats the only way he is going to have a chance to learn and get better,
so what happens once Antwuann the human log ' Woods gets better ?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
if u watch it carefully, @Ranching's tight end was trying to block him but was too slow.
It doesn't matter. Hill overshot his gap assignment since Ballage simply ran right by him untouched. The play was meant to go right behind Right Guard. If Thompson doesn't break off his block and surge inside to make the tackle, Ballage would have scored inside untouched.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Saw his number flash a few times without me actively paying attention to him. That’s a good sign.

Just hope he continues to trust his technique and get comfortable in this scheme to not think so much and just play

waldoputty

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Hill overshot his gap assignment since Ballage simply ran right by him untouched. The play was meant to go right behind Right Guard. If Thompson doesn't break off his block and surge inside to make the tackle, Ballage would have scored inside untouched.

actually i slow-mo'ed it, and he got his hand on the qb before the tight end blocked him and pushed him to the left.