ESisback

Reaction score
source.gif
Right on, Stash!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dude's a bum. Nope.

When he was w/ the Giants...he was absolutely clueless what he was doing. But the tools are there....that's the thing. If a good DB coach could get ahold of this kid...then you might have something. Problem is....really good DB coaches that teach the fundamentals on the NFL level...don't exist. Your expected to know these things already.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d rather let Eli Apple’s mom play corner for us - and she’s annoying as hell. But she might be a better CB than her son

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Don’t we turn other teams failed first round draft picks into treasure?

aria

Reaction score
If you take the officiating out of it, or leave it in, Eli Apple is single handily the only reason we beat New Orleans with our offense in the Dome 2 years ago. He’s worthless.

Scotman

Reaction score
Him being picked at 10 is an awful, awful reason to consider picking him up now. I was SHOCKED they took him at 10. Early 2nd rounder for me at best. They just tried to outsmart everyone else. It seriously looked like a Jerry pick from 5 or 6 years ago.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much of an OSU fan I am, he was great in college. But pass on him in the NFL. Lewis, Awuzie, Brown, and a draft pick and maybe Westry shows improvement this season. All are better. Apple would be one of those you sign if you have 4 CB's go down with injuries.

Londonboy

Reaction score
This is a cooking Apple, regularly gets roasted, biting on this Apple would leave a sour taste in the mouth.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I just hope our need at corner doesn’t persuade the Cowboys to sign this guy based on his ranking coming out of college. HE IS TERRIBLE in the NFL. If the draft doesn’t fall right, I would rather be stuck with Lewis, Chido and Brown as our starters than Eli Apple.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh-uh. Nope. The guy just isn’t a good football player.

plus, I think he’s a little bit of a ******-bag in the locker room.

I can’t think of one reason to sign the guy.

I have not followed him or paid much attention to him since he went to the Saints.

I thought he had somewhat "turned it around" after joining the Saints.

Regardless, he is not a good personality to add to the roster.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 6-1-200, 4.42, 13 reps 225lbs, CB with play experience and familiarity with Nolan....Eli Apple was a former 10th pick overall.

I would take a flier on him and give him a 2 year deal.

He almost signed with the Raiders for 1 year, 6M fully guaranteed.