Take best available

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I debated with myself all day, sure we could add depth, but if I was Jerry on Draft Day this year, I take best available except for: QB, WR, HB. Any other position is game for taking best available.

ghst187

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3230508 said:
I debated with myself all day, sure we could add depth, but if I was Jerry on Draft Day this year, I take best available except for: QB, WR, HB. Any other position is game for taking best available.

why no WR? Roy isn't very good. If Dez were there in the first, I'd hope we'd take him. I'd love to see us pick up Damian Williams in the second.
This actually would be a good year to trade up and get the guy you want like McClain, Thomas, or a LT....would've been nice to parlay some of those wasted picks from last year into picks this year and have the extra ammunition.
I really think that, esp if we beat Minny, we should trade up or trade down. There is a lot of elite talent in the top 20 this year then a drop off but a ton of quality talent in the second and third. So either go get an elite player at a position the team sees as a need or drop down, pick up a few extra picks, and stock up on a OL, ILB, CB, and maybe K and WR

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
ghst187;3230582 said:
why no WR? Roy isn't very good. If Dez were there in the first, I'd hope we'd take him. I'd love to see us pick up Damian Williams in the second.
This actually would be a good year to trade up and get the guy you want like McClain, Thomas, or a LT....would've been nice to parlay some of those wasted picks from last year into picks this year and have the extra ammunition.
I really think that, esp if we beat Minny, we should trade up or trade down. There is a lot of elite talent in the top 20 this year then a drop off but a ton of quality talent in the second and third. So either go get an elite player at a position the team sees as a need or drop down, pick up a few extra picks, and stock up on a OL, ILB, CB, and maybe K and WR

Depends- If we trade down we could get alot of talent, this is a stacked draft, but if we trade up we could get an ELITE talent but come away short handed with only around 4 picks, i'd trade down, I'd prefer Shipley 2ND/Michah Johnson 3rd /Mike Iuptati 1ST draft than trading those 3 picks and getting McClain, and we would prob have to trade even more.