Take the chance on Walter Thomas...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
the potential is there, and its awesome, he is huge and nasty, 6-5 369, with 16XXX shoes i think, and he can do a backflip, now that is real athletic for a guy that size. And we need a NT backup.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bizwah;1479315 said:
It's the front flip.

I would like to see Echols.

I thought it was a back flip?

I forgot about that guy. Interesting.

I want one of the two. We need to get something a NT. IMO.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1479311 said:
Thomas was arrested for robbery why are so many people wanting this guy>?

It's more about filling a need (backup NT) and the kid's measurables are off the charts. If you're going to gamble on character vs. talent this is the round you do it in.

SS

:star:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Bummer. Let's hope Thomas goes undrafted and the Cowboys can sign him to an UDFA deal.

SS

:star:

VThokie7

Reaction score
I mentioned this in the chat room. I truly find it laughable that posters here mock Kyle Boller and JaMarcus Russell for shooting up draft boards for non-sense like throwing a ball 60 yards on their knees, yet find it ok to fall in love with a 375 pound guy that can do a front flip.

Thomas only played one year at OSU then lik 3 or 4 more games at community college and you expect him to do much? Seriously, he will get BLOWN UP by any respectable OL. And to top it off he needs to lose 50 pounds.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
VThokie7;1479369 said:
I mentioned this in the chat room. I truly find it laughable that posters here mock Kyle Boller and JaMarcus Russell for shooting up draft boards for non-sense like throwing a ball 60 yards on their knees, yet find it ok to fall in love with a 375 pound guy that can do a front flip.

Thomas only played one year at OSU then lik 3 or 4 more games at community college and you expect him to do much? Seriously, he will get BLOWN UP by any respectable OL. And to top it off he needs to lose 50 pounds.

I don't think anyone on this board was asking for him in the first round either. Read up on this guy. He's well worth a look.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Its kind of hard to believe his claims that he's dedicated when he's let himself get 60-70 lbs. overweight. Its one thing if you're that big when you've shown you have the stamina to play with it in the NFL, like Ted Washington. But this guy has been eating ho-ho's on his counch for three years. He could keel over in a mini camp.

burmafrd

Reaction score
He is NOT 60-70 lbs over weight. Clearly you have not seen any pictures of him. He might be 20 lbs or so over his IDEAL weight.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Well, 32 NFL front offices just disagreed with you.

Sorry, any 22 year old kid who let's himself get 375-380 lbs has got major self discipline issues. Something is wrong there. 320-335 .. okay, maybe I can see how someone is enough of a genetic freak that they could be in that range. But not 375.

burmafrd, weren't you the guy calling Branch fat and lazy for the last month for weighing 50 lbs. less than this guy?

Reaction score
What is the time frame for picking FA draft picks? Hopefully we can address the NT back up there. Maybe we can get a real bargain that will pay off.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1479449 said:
Well, 32 NFL front offices just disagreed with you.

Sorry, any 22 year old kid who let's himself get 375-380 lbs has got major self discipline issues. Something is wrong there.

I think both of you are a bit off here. Given that I've only read two write ups on the guy, and both were in the last hour and a half, it seems that most scouts think he need to lose around 30-40 lbs. Roughly putting him around 345...just were Phillips last NT played at.

He's only got about one year of football behind him...he's the poster child for projects, but with his apparent ability, why not look at him? No one's asking to give this guy a million dollar signing bonus here. Just a look. Who knows, with the help of a professional football conditioning and dietary program, he may work out. Worth it, IMO.