Taking a deep dive in personnel weakness

fivetwos

Reaction score
Perhaps maybe not a day 1 pick, but would be fine on day 2. There is no indication they are moving Connor Williams to Tackle at least yet. You would think he would need some time practicing at the position. Surprisingly Connor actually has taken some practice reps at Center.
Sure.

Williams does LOOK a lot more like a C than a T, but I mention it because he did play there, and well....in college, and not some Div 2 school.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I maybe in the minority, but I think they will be ok at the center position, especially replacing the Travis Frederick version of last season. Yes, Looney is just a short-term solution, not as good as making the pre-snap line calls, but like the young prospects developing behind him. Biadasz could take over as the starter even this season. Let's not forget the Cowboys won the division with Looney as the starter.
This OL is pretty deep, when you compare it to the rest of the leagues OLs.
There is a lot of developing and drafted young depth.
Its just a hard comparison when trying to get over the loss of T-Fred.
Thats a tremendous hurdle.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This OL is pretty deep, when you compare it to the rest of the leagues OLs.
There is a lot of developing and drafted young depth.
Its just a hard comparison when trying to get over the loss of T-Fred.
Thats a tremendous hurdle.

The loss of Travis is huge, but we haven't had that all-pro player in 3 seasons. The position doesn't have to have all pro production for the offense to be successful. I believe there is enough talent in house to get the job done, this isn't going to be a Phil Costa being pushed into Tony Romo, lol.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Sure.

Williams does LOOK a lot more like a C than a T, but I mention it because he did play there, and well....in college, and not some Div 2 school.

I am aware where and how he played on the college level. I for one would like him to fill that swing tackle role for the future, but he might be too good to keep off the field. Many media scouts believed Connor would be best on the next level inside due to his short arms. Let's see how this materializes. It's looking like the other Connor is strictly a Guard as of now.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Keep in mind that every year, many of the off-season fan consensus opinions about weak or strong positions end up being wrong on most of them.

The off-season narratives are often completely gone by about the 3rd game.

It will end up being something unexpected such as some WRs missing games and that position being a problem while multiple CBs ball-out and get Pro Bowl consideration.

Did anybody see Byron Jones becoming a top CB back in the 2018 off-season?

Absolutely, unexpected things tend to happen and hard to predict.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm not saying I feel that depression is a weakness. I was thinking the title meant one of 2 things: Either it was sarcasm directed at people like Skip (the more likely scenario) or the OP (whom I don't know and therefore has no expectations of, one way or the other) was one of the people here who agrees with Skip's stupid point of view.

But enough about that. Sorry to derail your thread, Cowboyny.

No worries!