Video: Tale of the Tape: Dak's Best Throw Ever

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That was a good throw to Beasley, but it wasn't entirely accurate. Beasley makes a better catch.
Nevertheless, it would be ridiculous to claim Dak has thrown the ball on the spot. I mean, Tim Tebow hit Demaryius Thomas on the numbers in that playoff win against the Steelers in overtime.
It's not an all or nothing issue. Dak can be off and he can be accurate. His problem isn't necessarily accuracy as it is his comfort in the pocket. He's an RPO quarterback. He has never really been a pocket passer, so he hasn't developed all the tools a quarterback needs to stand in the pocket and throw with accuracy without flinching.
Dak is super aware of the pass rush and conscious of not throwing interceptions. And as a result, he presses too much, and his balls sail on him.
Again, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for this season. But season 4 is critical for him. This is the year he MUST take the next step. All the tools are in place. It's Super Bowl or bust for him, and, more importantly, for Garrett.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I've said it many times. That's the game they set him loose. And everybody said it was just a bad Giants team. No division games are always tough I don't care how bad the other team is
And the Giants were playing to win. It's one of their best games all season not including the game against the Bears in Chicago.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel Beasley deserves more credit for the catch than Dak does for the throw.

He's made better throws than this, I think... (ducking now...lol)
He definitely has made better throws, but this is maybe his best play, if that makes sense.

But this type of throw is exactly why you pay him $30+m. There aren't a lot of quarterbacks who have the physical strength to make this throw.