Talent or Toughness?

Mikexike

Reaction score
Toughness. I’ve never seen a team so ill-prepared for a playoff game. Especially on the defensive side. This team has no chance against any team with a good running game.
I agree, and thats why i said Toughness.... you can have all the talent in the world but if they get punked on the field you are screwed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Talented? I’m not entirely sure why we continue to be called that.

It’s a top heavy situation yet again and our weaknesses are routinely exploited by the better coordinators who also have the players to do it.

Toughness? That’s funny. Never gonna happen at the country club.

I seriously wonder if the Joneses actually have the capability to recognize the culture problem, much less fix it…or if they are sitting there as we speak insisting that their way is the best and to stay the course.

I guess if it’s money first, stay the course. I’m positive Jerry wants to win but the kid won’t let him veer into the recklessness of signing even ONE top free agent.

Even if they were so inclined, who identifies this player? Who runs this team? Their whole committee thing hasn’t exactly gone well, yet back for much more.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Mental Toughness, physicality and distractions. Looks like all coaching to me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Talented? I’m not entirely sure why we continue to be called that.

It’s a top heavy situation yet again and our weaknesses are routinely exploited by the better coordinators who also have the players to do it.

Toughness? That’s funny. Never gonna happen at the country club.

I seriously wonder if the Joneses actually have the capability to recognize the culture problem, much less fix it…or if they are sitting there as we speak insisting that their way is the best and to stay the course.

I guess if it’s money first, stay the course. I’m positive Jerry wants to win but the kid won’t let him veer into the recklessness of signing even ONE top free agent.

Even if they were so inclined, who identifies this player? Who runs this team? Their whole committee thing hasn’t exactly gone well, yet back for much more.
Because they’ve went 12-5 the last 3 seasons. Not hard to understand.

shabazz

Reaction score
Which is the bigger culprit in our downfall?
Both. Not as much talent and discipline as the top teams and lack of toughness as well

That's why we had the worst playoff performance out of every team this year

nobody

Reaction score
Here's the thing, I thing it's a combo, but toughness is slightly more important when talking about success in the playoffs. Talent might be slightly more important for making the playoffs.

That being said, I'd take a slightly less talented team with a lot of talent than a talented team the crumbles and cries to mama when punching in the mouth. We saw that against Green Bay.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Talent. Absolutely.

All this talk about toughness or culture is just hogwash. Games are won by good players and good coaching.

TheHerd

Reaction score
No I did. It was stupid.

The idea that the defense needs a certain level of QB play to be motivated means that they aren't tough. Blaming defensive effort on the QB is dum.b
Agree. This board is so either/or. Dak screwed up. But there’s no rule which says the defense has to fold like a lawn chair when the QB throws picks. Some defenses actually step up.

Gambit

Reaction score
Toughness, if by that you mean ability to stand up to larger players

Micah undersized at DE faces double and triple teams constantly and still led league in pressures. You can't tell me he's not tough.

But the roster, defense in particular, is undersized and gets bullied easily.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Toughness. Team is soft. That's the culture. That's the identiny. Imagine how hard this team would crater if we played in the AFC and had to travel to Buffalo or KC or Baltimore in the playoffs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Because they’ve went 12-5 the last 3 seasons. Not hard to understand.
Nah it’s more like top heavy.

Stars and holes. The holes get exploited by the better coaches.

Not that hard to understand.

What’s also not so hard to understand is why you’re extremely disliked around here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nah it’s more like top heavy.

Stars and holes. The holes get exploited by the better coaches.

Not that hard to understand.

What’s also not so hard to understand is why you’re extremely disliked around here.
They’ve had 3 years straight with 12-5 records so the obviously are talented. Just not talented enough and that includes coaching.

Western

Reaction score
Tough football teams acquire talented players.
The Cowboys are not a tough football team.