Talib discussed on NFL Live and Path to the Draft

Tobal

Reaction score
Both the NFL Live crew and then NFL network path to the draft didn't make much of this information.

The path to the draft guys, thought at most it would push him to the top of the 2nd.

Kiper says he's a top ten pick and the highest rated CB on his board, but this might push him to the 15-20 area.... He said he'd take him top ten then.

McShay doesn't have him rated 1, but didn't disagree with Mel and didn't see this having that much of an effect.

All NFL teams and all these guys have known about this, they discussed the 3 guys who admitted to smoking pot went in the top 10 last yr....

Who knows

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I thought that Calvin Johnson admitted to doing it on an occasion or two, though, not that he apparently did it all the time like Talib.

I guess I'm kind of curious about how these guys work this out. If a player is a potential suspension candidate, or just that undisciplined, why would he only fall a few spots? Now falling an entire round, that's a big difference. But from, say, 10 to 15 like Kiper is suggesting, that's still a team potentially wasting its highest pick (and highest-paid pick) in the draft.

Seems to me that if you're convinced he's going to be okay, forget it and take him where you would normally. If you think he's the type who can't or won't control himself, either move him down a round or take him off the board altogether.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I think it will definitely impact where Talib is selected. According to reports, he's admitted to testing positive "multiple" times, and I think that may impact his draft status more than anything else.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with a person doing it myself, but what is worrisome is that he's been tested positive so many times that the likelihood of him getting caught doing it in the pros is magnified. To me, that's the biggest risk is that the NFL will actually enforce the test via suspension rather than tell him to knock it off.