Reaction score
Hopefully, everyone had their tray in the upright position. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Oh yeah, lots of Tide sold after that flight.

ROFLMAO....I bet people could hear cheeks grabbing seats.

Duane

Reaction score
I was flying in to Fayetteville NC to see my little brother at Fort Brag several years ago in one of those twin engine turboprops. Let me tell you that we flew into a really bad storm. The plane was going up and down, side to side and everything else. I swear I thought the plane was going to fall apart. Ever since then I don't like getting on the suckers.

I still fly because Houston to New Orleans is a 5 1/2 drive but I don't like one minute of it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Duane said:
I was flying in to Fayetteville NC to see my little brother at Fort Brag several years ago in one of those twin engine turboprops. Let me tell you that we flew into a really bad storm. The plane was going up and down, side to side and everything else. I swear I thought the plane was going to fall apart. Ever since then I don't like getting on the suckers.

I still fly because Houston to New Orleans is a 5 1/2 drive but I don't like one minute of it.

The company I work for has one a twin turboprop and the first couple of times I rode it it scared the bejesus (sp) out of me but it's cool now.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:

The small ones are always bad....flew on them many times...it was like being in a little winabego and you feel every little bump.

Now I have been lucky enough not to be in a storm on one, and could only imagine how bad it was as they are bumpy in clear weather.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Duane said:

http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/product.biblio.jsp?osti_id=6610302

I was flying out of Las Vegas the day of that explosion. There were 4 blasts. I felt the 1st and 2nd blasts happened as we were on I-15 looking for the exit. Shook the whole car.

3nd one happened while we were on the overpass and I swear it swayed.

Pulled up to the Vegas airport and was getting my suitcase out of the trunk when the 4th one hit. I was lifted 6 inches off the ground.

I thought a military jet at Nellis AFB must have gone down. In the airport we were all watching TVs to get the scoop. Time came to board the plane and the pilots were saying they could see the cloud from 100 miles out and the flames from 75 miles out.

I had a window seat over the wing. As we took off the pilot said on the PA that our flight pattern would take us right over the explosion site. I was curious like everyone else.

We hit the thermals from that fire and I swear the plane jumped 30 feet. The wings bent like crazy. The stewardess that was in the aisle flew up into the overhead compartment and hit her head.

Next thing I knew the pilot was climbing straight up. A passenger abotu 4 rows in front of me pulled the unconscious stewardess into the seat next to him and buckled her in.

The flight was going to El Paso. We landed in Phoenix and changed planes. A lot of people did not get on the 2nd plane.

When I got to New Mexico my brother said to me, "you won't believe what happened in Nevada after you left."

I wanted to hit him.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Duane said:

I flew on one on the second leg of a flight to Myrtle Beach 6 years ago. I knew it was going to be bad enough as it was when it turned out there were a group of college age girls across from me going "Oh, I HATE small planes. I never feel SAFE." 20 minutes into the flight and we hit some serious turbulence, and that sucker was rocking back and forth, pitching up and down, just all over. These girls carried on and on, and the woman next to me turns and says to them, "Would you three PLEASE shut your damn mouths?" It was one bumpy ride, but those girls got on my nerves more than anything. Squealing, shrieking.

The only other bad plane ride I had was over Denver in '93 on my way back from Vegas. There was one nasty storm over the Rockies, but at least then I was in a big ole jet airliner.