Recommended Talkin Cowboys 1/5

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is his 6th year in the league and 4th with this team. I'm not holding my breath.

And blustering future outcomes contributes nothing. We cannot tell what he is going to do from play to play much less over 16 games.

Parnell played 7 games this year and played well.
He was not an issue at any point when blocking anyone.
He wasn't getting pushed or beaten off the snap.
He simply needs experience.

As to the experience stuff, just stop.
Parnell played one year of collegiate football... at DE.
So he was added as an undrafted free agent and a couple cuts as a true developmental guy.
He already HAS made tremendous leaps.
He graded out higher as a pass blocker than Doug Free this year.

OL hit their stride later than other positions and generally play longer.

Parnell is about as young as you can get in a 28 year old NFL body considering he hasn't played much football EVER.
Parnell would peak around 30 following any normal curve.

Your "breath holding" is all speculation as well.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Parnell played 7 games this year and played well.
He was not an issue at any point when blocking anyone.
He wasn't getting pushed or beaten off the snap.
He simply needs experience.

As to the experience stuff, just stop.
Parnell played one year of collegiate football... at DE.
So he was added as an undrafted free agent and a couple cuts as a true developmental guy.
He already HAS made tremendous leaps.
He graded out higher as a pass blocker than Doug Free this year.

OL hit their stride later than other positions and generally play longer.

Parnell is about as young as you can get in a 28 year old NFL body considering he hasn't played much football EVER.
Parnell would peak around 30 following any normal curve.

Your "breath holding" is all speculation as well.

No that is my expectation. Just stop? Landry had the 3 year rule. Parnell has had more than that. Player development follows along familiar lines and the he was a basketball player excuse is good for only so long.

And what leaps has he made lately? I don't think he is much different than what he was when he rotated with Free 3 years ago. He is what he is at this point.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No that is my expectation. Just stop? Landry had the 3 year rule. Parnell has had more than that. Player development follows along familiar lines and the he was a basketball player excuse is good for only so long.

And what leaps has he made lately? I don't think he is much different than what he was when he rotated with Free 3 years ago. He is what he is at this point.

You have yet to make a salient point.

Parnell can start for a lot of teams in this league including this one.
His play has zero to do with any 3 year rule because he's shown he can play.
You are offering nothing but opinion that he isn't gonna improve after 7 starts which would be one of the few NFL players ever to get more than 7 starts and not show improvement.

Again, basically what you are saying makes zero sense. Basically every player on this team whether it was Romo after a long stint on the sidelines or TFred starting day 1 has improved after 7 starts.

Parnell played fine 3 years ago in rotation but was exposed when asked to play an entire game.
This year he hasn't had that issue.
He simply hasn't been great in zone blocking which is something he's got to learn.
Physically he is a perfect RT. Big, strong and quick with good feet and hands.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You have yet to make a salient point.

Parnell can start for a lot of teams in this league including this one.
His play has zero to do with any 3 year rule because he's shown he can play.
You are offering nothing but opinion that he isn't gonna improve after 7 starts which would be one of the few NFL players ever to get more than 7 starts and not show improvement.

Again, basically what you are saying makes zero sense. Basically every player on this team whether it was Romo after a long stint on the sidelines or TFred starting day 1 has improved after 7 starts.

Parnell played fine 3 years ago in rotation but was exposed when asked to play an entire game.
This year he hasn't had that issue.
He simply hasn't been great in zone blocking which is something he's got to learn.
Physically he is a perfect RT. Big, strong and quick with good feet and hands.

Blanket dismissal and then repeat yourself. You're boring me. NFL prospects don't get much better after 6 years. That is salient. His play has not changed much since he rotated in 2012 which happens to be his third year. Funny how that works. Salient too.

You just don't like that it's inconvenient.