'Talking Cowboys' Practice notes

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
BB tooks some snaps, Spencer returned, Kozier ran with the second team, Henry took the first team snaps at corner, Newman was working hard in the weight room.

Defense is practicing at a very high, uptempo like they did last week, but the offense looked lethargic like the have for the past 2-3 weeks.

Witten observed from the sidelines.........

Taken from Nate Newton, Bill Jones and Kristy Scales on the "Talking Cowboys Show," on Ticket760.com. The show is daily from 2-3 PM in San Antonio only, but can be heard online.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Thanks, Mr. Cowboy.

Wade sounded like Spencer might be back. Even said that when he came back, he wouldn't be too limited due to conditioning. Getting him back would be absolutely huge. :pray:

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
regarding the freakin lethargic *** offense... *face.... in.... palm....*

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2383631 said:
Thanks, Mr. Cowboy.

Wade sounded like Spencer might be back. Even said that when he came back, he wouldn't be too limited due to conditioning. Getting him back would be absolutely huge. :pray:
we need him.. Our "O" needs some cockiness & swagger...

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
After the defense did better once Henry left the game, why is he running with the first team?

odog422

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2383705 said:
After the defense did better once Henry left the game, why is he running with the first team?

You'd be surprised how quickly players get "well" when their position seems to be in jeopardy...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2383705 said:

He makes some mistakes for sure. But he is also the most experienced CB on the team and the best one at creating turnovers. He's needed anyway as they will run 3 or more CBs at times.

And Spencer is really needed. When healthy he can be a force. I think he can near Ware in rushing the passer.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
odog422;2383710 said:
You'd be surprised how quickly players get "well" when their position seems to be in jeopardy...

LOL.

With this coaches lack of faith in young players, I'm sure Henry will be right back in there getting beat by Plaxico and friends.

jobberone;2383712 said:
And Spencer is really needed. When healthy he can be a force. I think he can near Ware in rushing the passer.

Absolutely agree with you on Spencer. We need some more pass rush on the other side.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
odog422;2383710 said:

The words quick and Henry should never be used in the same sentence :laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2383713 said:
Absolutely agree with you on Spencer. We need some more pass rush on the other side.

Ellis is actually doing ok over there but I think Spencer can be a better rusher. He doesn't know the game like Ellis does but he is awful fast and has great size. They are going to have to get all three on the field.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2383747 said:
Ellis is actually doing ok over there but I think Spencer can be a better rusher. He doesn't know the game like Ellis does but he is awful fast and has great size. They are going to have to get all three on the field.

at least Spencer can move well laterally

Ellis is a good pass-rusher, but it would be best served if he just was in on obvious passing downs

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2383733 said:
The words quick and Henry should never be used in the same sentence :laugh2:

Henry quickly fell behind the receiver running a go route.;)

mmohican29

Reaction score
Folks, am I the only one that is getting less and less thrilled to get Anthony Spencer back? He has flashed yes- last year.

I've seen him do little to nothing since late last season, he's injury prone and hasn't the set the world on fire when he's been in there. That said (you're going to love this I know), Spencer should start from here on out, and Ellis needs to be a situational pass rusher. Greg's goose is about cooked as a pursuit linebacker/lineman.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2383780 said:
at least Spencer can move well laterally

Ellis is a good pass-rusher, but it would be best served if he just was in on obvious passing downs

Ellis looks awkward in space but he still gets the job done. I don't think Spencer is as complete a LB as Ellis is. And when I'm typing this I find myself wondering if I'm nuts because Ellis is very awkward looking out there. Watch him when you can in coverage and he gets the job done most of the time.

The ticket is to get the best pass rushers on the field at the same time. And Spencer, Ellis, Ratliff and Ware are the best pass rushers on the team IMO. That needs to happen more. JMO