Talking Cowboys trashing Vander Esch

Cas2800

Reaction score
My question to everyone in this forum.

It's seems to be agreed that LVE is a shell of himself, and may not be a NFL caliber player anymore.

If this is true and he goes the way of Jaylon Smith who no longer has a job in the NFL, how bad is Gifford and Bernard that they could not overtake these two seriously flawed LBs?

How bad is our LB unit?
We need to find out now and not wait till the playoffs. Give them more playing time. Can't be much worse than what's on the field now.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
LVE is done as a football player. I can't even say I blame him since neck injuries are no laughing matter. End of the day football is a sport and there is a lot of life left to live after you are done playing.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
When he told Micah that he can't make every play on hard Knocks.. I knew it was time to go...
I get the point he was trying to make Poorly, but it really shouldn’t be put that way. It was kind of a do your job type thing that was butchered. Shoulda been do your job and them make every play.

jay94

Reaction score
On today's Talking Cowboys the subject came up of who has been underperforming and who really needs to step up. Leighton Vander Esch was the unanimous choice. It was pointed out how he is constantly going backwards to try to make plays instead of attacking. They said this is why the Cowboys didnt pick up his 5th year option and how he has declined since his rookie year. If the Cowboys are going to make a run for the playoffs, Vander Esch needs to step up, or be replaced. I'm glad to see him being called out publicly. He is either afraid to get hurt or trying to save himself for his next team.

It's very noticeable how blah he is and for the hype of getting him as one of the best defensive players out of his draft, he's been trash.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
LVE's injuries in the past have prevented him from performing at his best. Fans trashing his effort or any other personal crap need to get a clue. You can clearly see he's not as mobile and has slowed down.
Then he shouldn't be playing football, then he wouldn't be getting trashed.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Loved lve. Bought his jersey when his # 55 was set after the draft. Thought we had the next great lber. Didn't work out unfortunately. Hes still better than jacklyn though lol. Can't believe that guy got Jerry's money lmao. Jacklyn one of the most embarrassing dallas players to ever wear the star!

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
If LVE was not a 1st round pick, he would not get so much scrutiny. He was supposed to pick this team up and raise it to a higher level and not just be ordinary complaining of a star LB'r mooching his tackles during pre-season.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Loved lve. Bought his jersey when his # 55 was set after the draft. Thought we had the next great lber. Didn't work out unfortunately. Hes still better than jacklyn though lol. Can't believe that guy got Jerry's money lmao. Jacklyn one of the most embarrassing dallas players to ever wear the star!
Yet to see a sled own LVE. The Washington Sleds, how does that sound ?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I guess their confidence in Gifford and Bernard are quite low for defensive snaps.
Yeah that's the confusing part for me, especially Bernard who has looked good in limited snaps and STs, I would be filtering him in more and more.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Then he shouldn't be playing football, then he wouldn't be getting trashed.
I'm not complaining he's getting trashed about performance. While I think he's a good kid, he's not right and we need better players at LB. Bad timing too because Smith was also awful.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
No "most likely gone" no matter what he plays for. He needs to be gone. I believe most college linebackers at the top schools are better than LVE right now. Whenever I focus on watching him I'm amazed, he does absolutely nothing, he might as well be in the stands watching the game. In fact when he does have an impact it's because he got in the way of another defensive player.
LMAO not close to the truth but hey im well aware of the overactive replies around here full of estrogen..hope that clears up..good luck

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Criticize the player, sure, but a loathsome breed of fan contrives personal attacks on underperforming players intentions or effort.

Jaylon and LVE bring maximum effort, but that effort just isn't enough. In both cases its terminating their career and their NFL revenue. They know it quite well.

As Parsons is going to play a lot of edge, Dallas seriously needs a couple of new linebackers. Perhaps they also need a new linebacker coach.

Smith and LVE's play has sucked, but that's not all. Keanu Neal, 38.2 PFF score, has also struggled a ton.
Who attacked him personally?

khiladi

Reaction score
Like why is this hard to digest?

Peyton Manning’s arm strength deteriorated rapidly, in a matter of 2 years, because of the neck fusion surgery.

LVE is a LB who needs the make hits. Him going backward is most likely a protective mechanism for this issue. It’s not that he can’t play, it’s a case of the body not being able to do what the mind wants. I just looked at some articles, and actual injury and surgery were kept under-wraps, most likely largely in part because of how it pertains to the situation of his contract.

He’s done… It’s not that he sucks, it’s that the injury has finally caught up.

The main issue is from the coaching and personnel side, as to why they continue to play him…

Last edited: