Twitter: Tank calling out Goodell's minions

mooseq

Reaction score
It is kind of weird to see the sack leader of the NFL hasn’t had a holding call for him for that long... what’s crazy is because he spoke up next week he’ll get 2

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
It is kind of weird to see the sack leader of the NFL hasn’t had a holding call for him for that long... what’s crazy is because he spoke up next week he’ll get 2
I find it peculiar that against the Giants putrid OL, he didn't get even 1 holding call. It's disgusting tbh.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
The NFL average of holding calls for/against any team is 1.33 calls per game. The Cowboys are not a statistical outlier. It's simply not called often on anyone.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/offensive-holding?year=2017&view=team_per_game
Dallas has the fewest and half of them came in September and the others came after people started raising a stink after the tackle fest on Thanksgiving. Helman has run the numbers and Broaddus of all people has said there's something going on with the refs and the tape makes it clear.

Sydla

Reaction score
He should call them out.

The fine is worth every penny.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Do you really want to be "those fans", who constantly cry about the officials? We're supposed to make fun of those fans of other teams.

"Yeah, but we really DO get screwed!"

Yeah...okay. I'm sure we're the only ones who feel that way. :rolleyes:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
No holding calls in the last 34 QUARTERS? Considering holding happens on al.ost every play, you can't tell me that' on accident. This was ordered.

They called one against the Giants, just wasn't on Lawrence's blocker.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No holding calls in the last 34 QUARTERS? Considering holding happens on al.ost every play, you can't tell me that' on accident. This was ordered.

Commanders got called for holding once, Giants got called twice, so not 34 quarters. League average is 1.33 per game per team, so do the math.

Despite some of you thinking we should benefit from 5-6 holding calls per game, that doesn't exist in the real world. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HanD

Reaction score
Commanders got called for holding once, Giants got called twice. League average is 1.33 per game per team, so do the math.

Despite some of you thinking we should benefit from 5-6 holding calls per game, that doesn't exist in the real world. :rolleyes:

So the last two games. What about the 5 before? And if the league avg is 1.33, how many are being called on our ol? Dlaw emphasized if you are calling ticky tack against our ol, same should go the other way.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Commanders got called for holding once, Giants got called twice, so not 34 quarters. League average is 1.33 per game per team, so do the math.

One of those holding calls was when they were backed up against their goal line so it was all of a 3 yard penalty. Much different then a 10 yard penalty

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Well said, just add the fine to his bonus on his new contract.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Tank needs to shake it off. Instead of sacks, he needs to concentrate on hits. He is already pro bowl bound and his next contract will be more than generous. Now we need him to concentrate on killing QBs, whether they are counted as sacks or not.

If he needs to kill a couple of OL along the way, fine by me. Beat the man in front of you to a pulp and the officials matter not one wit.

CWR

Reaction score
I heard this on podcast and I LOVE IT!!!

But someone please tell me its fair and balanced lol.

CWR

Reaction score
Tank needs to shake it off. Instead of sacks, he needs to concentrate on hits. He is already pro bowl bound and his next contract will be more than generous. Now we need him to concentrate on killing QBs, whether they are counted as sacks or not.

If he needs to kill a couple of OL along the way, fine by me. Beat the man in front of you to a pulp and the officials matter not one wit.

Except you cant hit qbs when youre being clotheslined, even after you've beat the man in front of you.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Except you cant hit qbs when youre being clotheslined, even after you've beat the man in front of you.

Smash that QB any way you can, don't pull up. Play to the echo of the whistle, but don't let frustration beat you. Beat on the QB instead.