Tank for arch

Let me preface this by saying I am no scout.

But Arch Manning does not impress me. He locks onto his primary read. He does not process quickly. He does not see the whole field. He's a decent athlete and his arm is good enough. But right now he looks like a day three pick out there.

Take away the "Manning" stitched across the back of his jersey and he would not be considered a top prospect.
 
Let me preface this by saying I am no scout.

But Arch Manning does not impress me. He locks onto his primary read. He does not process quickly. He does not see the whole field. He's a decent athlete and his arm is good enough. But right now he looks like a day three pick out there.

Take away the "Manning" stitched across the back of his jersey and he would not be considered a top prospect.
I would not go that far but I certainly do not see the #1 overall the fan boys claim
 
There’s nothing special about Arch as a prospect
I agree, just not seeing it yet. His name alone guarantees he’s a prized draft prospect but he’s done nothing to prove it yet, zilch. And I’m rooting for the kid but I don’t find anything he does to say, yep that’s next level. Frankly, his team is carrying him a lot more than the inverse.
 
If we are going to tank for a player that plays for the Longhorns I would rather tank for Colin Simmons. In my opinion Arch is an average QB on a loaded team. If his last name wasn’t Manning no one would be talking about him.
 
The real question is if Manning continues to play this way with some ups and downs, when will Texas fans start to think "Ehhh, maybe this guy isn't all that?"
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,018
Messages
14,657,524
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top