Twitter: Tank leadership comments

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Crawford didn't play last year and Dallas ranked T-2 in third down stop % so this seems pretty baseless. They were 16th in 3-and-out per drive, but the difference between them and #1 was less than .1.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team...e/miscellaneous/sort/thirdDownConvPct/dir/asc
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/overall-drive-statsdef/2019
Yet somehow ranked 24th in plays per drive. and 17th in drive success rate. defense was trash last year and the coaching was even worse. Marinelli is garbage

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
yeeh Marinelli and his dumb azz rotation packages..such that had both dlaw and quinn both on the sidelines during some red zone situations.
rod had his packages and sub rotations made out and determined no matter what game situations .
yup I mean to have a set rotation and never deviating from it no matter the situation is insanity in the game of football

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
From my limited perspective Tank seems to be part of the problem rather than the solution for any locker room culture troubles.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not surprised. It’s not that locker room’s fault they had a beta for a coach so long that there wasn’t an example to follow.

blueblood70

Reaction score
in another words his Hotboyz shtick has been countermanded by the other alphas.. :)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
With all the alpha men on the D-Line alone if we play bad or lose someone will likely call others out. We will see how some like to be held accountable. JG used to talk about it but I don’t think players actually did it. Remember bennett lit up after a loss. We have 3 or 4 D-Linemen that are alphas and they are big time players and it’s there first year on this team. Culture is going to change so let’s see how some of these players that’s been here a while like it.
Leadership is a huge factor.

Many just assume McCarthy is going to line everybody up and come out as a team.

I do not assume that. McCarthy had his problems with a talented Packer team lead by Rodgers at the end and he got fired.

So I have my questions about who leads and who follows and how far and deep that runs. This is a completely rebuilt team.

I think teams that have not had to deal with so much change are going to have an advantage in the beginning.