Tank was a non-factor in this game

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Great now we are defending D Flaw by saying that he does the hard work to allow Parsons to do his thing. Whatever. This stinks of the Zeke is a great blocker argument. You wanna be the war daddy. You wanna be the Hotboyz leader. You wanna make 20 million per year and cripple the teams salary cap. You gotta do better than that.

I think the war daddy role went to Micah. DLaw has another role.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Ummmm…..have fans already forgotten the team friendly restructure he just signed? Tank isn’t going anywhere. If he does nothing but set the edge and help solidify the run defense, he’s worth every Penny he is currently making.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He made some solid plays, I get it wasn't enough.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m happy with the win, but Tank was a non-factor in this game. Zero sacks, and of limited utility otherwise.

Does anyone think Tank belongs on the back of a milk carton? Asking for a friend.

He made six tackles, so I wouldn't say he was a non-factor. I think that led all DL. But his pass rush is definitely MIA.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You gotta watch the game people. Was rarely lined up outside rushing the passer, made plays in the run game. Yes the penalty was bone head but thats very rare for a guy like him. One in a thousand.

Penatly wasn't him. It was 50, not 90. Lawrence doesn't play on punt returns.

terra

Reaction score
Ummmm…..have fans already forgotten the team friendly restructure he just signed? Tank isn’t going anywhere. If he does nothing but set the edge and help solidify the run defense, he’s worth every Penny he is currently making.
Total Horse Crap.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He is on a new 3-year, 40 million contract. He redid his deal to help the team and to stay with the Cowboys.

gimmesix

Reaction score
DLaw is the guy who sets the edge on the run
takes on 2 blockers allowing others to go 1 on 1 or unblocked
him getting sacks is a plus hes a set up guy every game isnt your game to make the big play

a defensive lineman doesnt have to appear on the stat sheet to have a impact on the game

I will give him credit for one of Parsons' pressures. Both Collins and the guard blocked Lawrence, leaving Parsons unblocked. Not sure why they did that, but they did.

Verdict

Reaction score
He made six tackles, so I wouldn't say he was a non-factor. I think that led all DL. But his pass rush is definitely MIA.

Tank belongs on the back of a milk carton. Armstrong, who has the same duties as Tank got two sacks against the Bengals, IIRC. He was swarming the QB and the ball carrier.

The fact that Armstrong is outshining Tank should exemplify why Tank is a a waste of salary cap room and is undermining the rest of the defense due to his cap hit.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
They don't WATCH the game. They see it and look at the stat sheet.

Before that they look at his contract, then look at the stat sheet to see if he had 5 sacks in a game to determine if he "did okay."

gimmesix

Reaction score
Tank belongs on the back of a milk carton. Armstrong, who has the same duties as Tank got two sacks against the Bengals, IIRC. He was swarming the QB and the ball carrier.

The fact that Armstrong is outshining Tank should exemplify why Tank is a a waste of salary cap room and is undermining the rest of the defense due to his cap hit.

Not really the same. Armstrong's first sack came when a tight end tried to block him one-on-one. Find me any point in the game where Lawrence took on a tight end one-on-one.

Look I've commented in another thread about needing more from Lawrence in the passing game, but I think you are overexaggerating things. Lawrence is easily one of our best run defenders on the line and draws more blocking attention than any other lineman.

This seems to be another one of those cases where a fan gets a bug up his butt about a certain player, what he's paid, etc., and goes to great lengths to put down his play. CowboyRoy has Elliott, PappyDog (and others) has Dak, you have DeMarcus. Don't know why that's necessary. We can critique his play legitimately without having to go to extremes and make it look petty.

DanA

Reaction score

He’s probably worth his contract now at 13m per season after stealing a living the last three years. 13m is on the pricey side though for a guy that’s had persistent injury problems and if healthy probably gets 6-8 sacks. He is pretty decent against the run though and if he wasn’t he’d be worth more like 10m a season. But you look at his peers (Gregory 14m p.a for example). That deal is crazy to me for someone so flakey and Lawrence’s contract looks reasonable.

Last edited: