Tanking is one of the most cowardly things a team could do

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What is cowardly about it if done on the context of playing players to see what you have? That’s not tanking, These are all pros who made a roster. If you have no hope and your team is in shambles, play the kids and see how they do. Win/win. Now I do see a case for a 1st year Coach proving his worth but he can still do that coaching up the backups
Nothing wrong with that. In fact it may improve the teams chances of winning.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I explained why an example from 30 years ago was used, but apparently your comprehension skills are below average. You are acting like a kid, so of course I questioned if you was even alive when Jimmy was coaching. You don’t get big boy responses from acting immature with your faux outrage about using an example from 30 years ago that happened in Dallas.
So you did...but first off did he REALLY "tank" on purpose? What else was he supposed to do...but purge the team and load it up the best way he could?

You had to go back that far because you don't have anything else...that's why. We've HAD high draft picks before (since Jimmy). It happens. We've not been very good at it...hasnt helped us much...has it?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you or any Dallas fan actually think the Cowboys would do anything if they made the playoffs? The point being that recognizing a season lost with the Dak injury in Week #5 and the fact Dallas had a record of 2-7 after Week #9 would have benefited Dallas in the long run by way of an improved draft position. If you can't see 1 season lost which would improve numerous seasons in the future would have been worth it then I do not know what to say.
Probably not. But what difference does that make? You compete with what you have and who you're going up against, each game each second.

As I have said MANY times...every game is a big deal. A lot goes into it...not just 3 hours of your entertainment. It's a big deal. A playoff game even bigger. Even if you don;t win it.

And what if you do?

By your faulty logic...you just shouldn't play any game you expect to lose. Dumb.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
May as well ignore these losers. They'll always be losers and quitters. It's what they do.

Interesting how the adult child who names call all day long has the gaul to call people losers. I suggest you buy a mirror and a chair and spend much needed time reflecting.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Probably not. But what difference does that make? You compete with what you have and who you're going up against, each game each second.

As I have said MANY times...every game is a big deal. A lot goes into it...not just 3 hours of your entertainment. It's a big deal. A playoff game even bigger. Even if you don;t win it.

And what if you do?

By your faulty logic...you just shouldn't play any game you expect to lose. Dumb.

My logic was simply to state that Dallas was 2-7 and lost their starting QB with a deplorable defense where they had no chance even if they made the playoffs so how is it illogical to improve draft position so as to possibly trade out like Miami did with SF and grab a bevy of future picks so as to help the team for the long-term.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So how about all the very high draft picks that were busts? Just cherry picking one example? That is vaporous at best.
80, 81, 82 Broncos missed playoffs. They acquired the top pick in the 83 draft via trade, and the rest is history.
Peyton Manning Drafted in 98 to a terrible colts team.... rest is history there are lots more than those two.
Fact is that 1 qb that is an all time great gets drafted, and the team has a decade or more of sustained success. IMO, that is a simple cause and effect. Everything else is happenstance.