Tapper make or break season

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its all there eh? How about you pull up his stats in college and then pull up his stats in the NFL after two years? "nothing in there".
He played out of position in college. We've already covered that.

He had Pars (under control now) and broke his foot (healed now) but we've covered that already also.

I suggest you go look up the threads around the draft concerning Tapper. You will be surprised at how positive they were and that the Cowboys and fans thought they stole him in the 4th round.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He played out of position in college. We've already covered that.

He had Pars (under control now) and broke his foot (healed now) but we've covered that already also.

I suggest you go look up the threads around the draft concerning Tapper. You will be surprised at how positive they were and that the Cowboys and fans thought they stole him in the 4th round.

You covered what exactly? "he played out of position in college" was nothing more then some line the Cowboys gave you to help try to explain why he wasnt productive in college. I never bought that line. Obviously you did. So what is that supposed to mean exactly? That the coaches were so stupid in college? That they had some demon of a pass rusher on their team and they totally screwed the pooch by playing him in the wrong spot? And I guess the Cowboys think they are just smarter than other people? So all of a sudden once he is in the "right" position he will now be some terror?

That is nothing more then a long stretch of a calculated gamble. IN my mind its a bunch of BS.

And how do you know everything is under control now? Another hopeful whim or prayer? You types said the same thing after the back, then the foot flared up. So are you saying you have a crystal ball and he will never have injury issues going forward?

LOL.........and as far as Tapper it was another "who the hell is that" pick. Tapper was NOT considered a steal outside of the Cowboys organization.

Scouting Report:

"Based on his 2015 tape, Tapper would be a late round pick at best. Tapper doesn't make enough plays against the run and doesn'’t possess the traits to believe he'll be an effective pass rusher as a pro. However, if he can improve his pad level and hand usage, he has enough strength to project into an eventual starter or rotation lineman role." - Lance Zierlein, NFL.com

Maybe you should go back and read since all you ever read must have been some homer article or listen to Jerry speak about him.

But AGAIN!!!!!!!.................why do we need to go back and read anything? He has been on this team for two years already and even when healthy he has done nothing.

Last edited: