Tar & Feather Bledsoe! But Seriously ...

itoldyouSOE

Reaction score
You all know I support Bledsoe as a starter. His poor performance in this game does not change my mind in that regard. Should he have played better? Of course. But its not the end of the world. This is a game I had us penciled in to win but we still have at least 15 games and I honestly do not believe what we saw today is truly the real 2006 Cowboys.

So yes, Bledsoe takes most of the blame today. But he is not alone in the blame. Witten's interference penalty cost us 7 points. Suiseim (surprise, surprise) cost us another 3. 10 points right there. And let's not forget the holding penalties on Fasano negating what would have been 2 drive saving first downs by TO and instead putting us in 3rd and longs. (As a side note, Tom Brady fumbled today and BUF scored a TD off it. He also tossed an INT and his offense put up the same number of points that Bledsoe led his team to, against a worse team nonetheless, but the Pats still won.) All this is not to forgive Bledsoe, but those of you who would have him tarred and feathered need to settle down.

dguinta1

Reaction score
Perhaps Bledsoe in 2nd or 3rd and long situtations, he needs to use the shotgun more to help alleviate his heavy, pitter, patter feet. :(

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I support Bledsoe as the starter too... partially because I know that BP is going with him no matter what LOL..... but..... when he is bad he is bad.... he had many opps to make up for poor decisions/throws and he stunk it up....

If we get to playoffs or SB.... we will always know that Bledsoe can put out this type of performance.... THAT concerns me.... along with having the kickers we have(instead of Vinatieri)....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
itoldyouSOE said:
So yes, Bledsoe takes most of the blame today. But he is not alone in the blame. Witten's interference penalty cost us 7 points. Suiseim (surprise, surprise) cost us another 3. 10 points right there.
Ummm... :confused:

Witten's 'interference' penalty was followed immediately by Suisham's field goal attempt--which hit the upright. How does that add up to 10 points? At best, it was 6 points left on the field--7 with the extra point. At the very least, it was 3 points if Suisham makes the field goal.

:confused:

TonyS

Reaction score
itoldyouSOE said:
You all know I support Bledsoe as a starter. His poor performance in this game does not change my mind in that regard. Should he have played better? Of course. But its not the end of the world. This is a game I had us penciled in to win but we still have at least 15 games and I honestly do not believe what we saw today is truly the real 2006 Cowboys.

So yes, Bledsoe takes most of the blame today. But he is not alone in the blame. Witten's interference penalty cost us 7 points. Suiseim (surprise, surprise) cost us another 3. 10 points right there. And let's not forget the holding penalties on Fasano negating what would have been 2 drive saving first downs by TO and instead putting us in 3rd and longs. (As a side note, Tom Brady fumbled today and BUF scored a TD off it. He also tossed an INT and his offense put up the same number of points that Bledsoe led his team to, against a worse team nonetheless, but the Pats still won.) All this is not to forgive Bledsoe, but those of you who would have him tarred and feathered need to settle down.

My two biggest problems with Bledsoe are the following:

1) He takes too long to make a decision where to go with the ball.

2) He often makes the wrong decision after taking too long to make it.

It hasn't changed since he's been here. In preseason, he was dropping back and releasing. Today, he was dropping back, patting the ball, jiggling his feet and doing the Riverdance and then throwing a ball that never should've been thrown.

If you've got TO, Glenn and Witten, you should be able to find someone open a lot sooner and get the ball off. The first drive was great. After that he looked like a different QB out there.

jimmy40

Reaction score
itoldyouSOE said:

Don't compare Bledsoe to Brady for any reason.

jrumann59

Reaction score
we had a lot of 1st downs called back because of holding and OPI so I will say at least 10 points were left on the field.

BlueWave

Reaction score
I support Bledsoe. I'm not going to bash him and bail on him yet. granted, it was his worst game as a Cowboy. But that does not mean he will automatically play like that from now on. At some point, every player has their worst day as a player. He will get a chance to come back and light it up next week.

Now, that being said, I do wonder at times how Romo would fair the way he moves around the pocket and slings the ball. He would certainly make his share of mistakes, but I think he would make plays that maybe Bledsoe cannot.

If he struggles next week again, I think he may get pulled during the bye.

I really hope not though.