Tashard Choice:17 carries for 90 yards

Reaction score
Against maybe the best defense in the nfl.That ravens defense is salty as hell.I can't get over how well Tashard has played the last few weeks,against some very good defenses.

I can't imagine Barber doing much better.It will be interesting to see who the main guy will be,next year.Choice has a burst that i just love.

sacase

Reaction score
Choice should have had 3 100 yard games but red headed step child seems to not want him to get it. He gets away from the run to easy

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
sacase;2515480 said:
Choice should have had 3 100 yard games but red headed step child seems to not want him to get it. He gets away from the run to easy
Because he is not patient with the run.. If the run gets stopped 2 or 3 times for minimum gains fire crotch stops running the ball.

zack

Reaction score
Real1st;2515483 said:
Because he is not patient with the run.. If the run gets stop 2 or 3 times for minimum gains fire crotch stops running the ball.

Let's hope that he gets the ball a lot more this week....

Reaction score
texan by birth;2515447 said:
Against maybe the best defense in the nfl.That ravens defense is salty as hell.I can't get over how well Tashard has played the last few weeks,against some very good defenses.

I can't imagine Barber doing much better.It will be interesting to see who the main guy will be,next year.Choice has a burst that i just love.

Should of had the ball more.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
I was shocked that we were not running the ball more yesterday. Choice was the only player on offense that showed up prior to late in the fourth. 8 carries a half is not enough.

Eskimo

Reaction score
sacase;2515480 said:

Part of it is that Choice has clearly not yet earned Garrett's trust even though his light years better than Barber as a runner.

The other part of it is that Garrett doesn't like to run the ball unless he has a two-score lead at which point he doesn't like to pass it at all. :bang2:

Eskimo

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2515620 said:
I was shocked that we were not running the ball more yesterday. Choice was the only player on offense that showed up prior to late in the fourth. 8 carries a half is not enough.

I'm kind of reminded when Emmitt came to the Cowboys and Nate Newton said that all of a sudden he became a Pro Bowler - the point being that a RB with great vision and quickness to the hole can make an OL look great just as one with poor vision and slow to the hole can make an OL look bad.

Barber makes the OL look bad - he gains most of his yards on gigantic holes or on one man solo efforts. He doesn't make the most of the holes the OL gives him. This leads to inconsistency in the running game. For 1.7 years Garrett got used to having an inconsistent running game because of Julius' and Marion's limitations as runners. Now that he has Choice who can consistently get him 3-6 yards, he doesn't know what to do with it.

Hopefully, he'll look over the last few weeks of game film and discover that he has a weapon he has not yet had here as an OC - a consistent RB who will get him yards almost everytime he touches the ball. Hopefully he'll then learn how to use that to his advantage to get his WRs in behind the LBs on play-action pass and in-behind safeties who have jumped up for run support.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Real1st;2515483 said:
Because he is not patient with the run.. If the run gets stopped 2 or 3 times for minimum gains fire crotch stops running the ball.

And when he does run the football, he does it at the most unimaginable time. Like the Barber sequence in the 2nd quarter that had the chat room in an uproar.

bysbox1

Reaction score
sacase;2515480 said:

I no longer call him Red Headed Step Child, RHG, or Read Headed Genius . . .

To me he is now "Mini Mike Martz." It's so Mike Martz. Don't like the run, so never let him get 100 yard games.

It's sad because Garrett played with the greatest running back in NFL history.

Eskimo

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2515721 said:
It's possible the WR's have got into his head.

Then he has no business being the OC because he is the one who has to run the whole offense. He can't be catering to one individual over another or one unit against another. He has to have the whole offense working together towards one common goal: protecting the ball and scoring points.

Eskimo

Reaction score
sacase;2515730 said:
He's never ran the ball.

He's never had the ability to consistently run the ball - he needs to go look at Choice the last 3 weeks and realize he has got something here. A RB that keeps the chains moving forward if only he will give him the chance.

bysbox1

Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;2515532 said:
man we are gonna have a 3 headed monster next year and i cant wait!!

If "Mini Mike Martz" is still here next year then you will be waiting. He will have the same running tendencies next year.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I wonder if we've actually found ourselves a stud back.

I like Barber, but I had my concerns about his ability to be the "man". It's impossible to tell how good he could've been. When Romo got hurt he had to shoulder the load. BJ could do nothing, so Barber faced stacked DLs.

When Romo came back, Barber got hurt. So it's hard to tell how good he's done this season.

Right now, Choice is hot. I say we ride this guy. I don't think we need to spell him with Barber. Choice is young and fresh.

Our passing game and OL are too solid to not be able to run any better than we have this season. Let's feature Choice next week.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Choice has been amazing for 3 weeks running now and every week Garrett seems to want to quit giving him the ball to easily.

The kid should have had 3 100 yard rushing games, easily, as of late and Garrett is just too darn pass happy at times.

DTK

Reaction score
What's really funny is what Sal Pal said this morning on the Sports Reporters. He was questioning Garretts play calling and said they didn't run it enough. Then he said "I guess Choice was the WRONG Choice for a 3rd string back". :lmao2: Sal Pal can't hide his disgust for the Cowboys at all.

Eskimo

Reaction score
DTK;2515870 said:
What's really funny is what Sal Pal said this morning on the Sports Reporters. He was questioning Garretts play calling and said they didn't run it enough. Then he said "I guess Choice was the WRONG Choice for a 3rd string back". :lmao2: Sal Pal can't hide his disgust for the Cowboys at all.

He is absolutely right - Choice obvously has abilities as a rookie that Barber still doesn't have after 4 years in the league. It is a crying shame it took two injuries for Garrett to even let the kid see the field. His performance is no smoke and mirrors. It has not been him running through gigantic holes or turning the corner on a slow defense. He just picks his way through the line with the tiniest of holes and then shows amazing agility and footwork in the hole. He breaks arm tackles and struggles to fall forward gaining a couple extra yards in the process. He has "it" and he should be our starter from here on out until someone proves they are better than him.

Barber can be the short-yardage runner and ST player next year and fill the role of 3rd sring RB.

The one good thing is that we won't have to hear any whining from him to the press.