Tashard Choice and the Steelers blitz

Boysboy

Reaction score
If he gets the start come kickoff when all is said and done, will he be able to handle Pitt's blitz packages effectively?

I don't think we'll be able to run on this D, however, I AM worried about LeBeau's schemes. Any chance we'll use more 2 TE sets? Will Cricket get more reps at halfback?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Two TE seems smart to me. Atleast on 3rd and long.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
with two tight ends we are still going to need a running back.

Obviously choice will be a step down in pass protection from barber and the thing that is worrisome to me is that, choice didnt look like he had a good feel for blocking then getting out in his route and turning for romo to dump it to him. barber is great at that, choice missed it twice on turkey day.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theebs;2461315 said:
with two tight ends we are still going to need a running back.

Obviously choice will be a step down in pass protection from barber and the thing that is worrisome to me is that, choice didnt look like he had a good feel for blocking then getting out in his route and turning for romo to dump it to him. barber is great at that, choice missed it twice on turkey day.

Now now - Choice also had a couple great blitz pickups as well.

Call it fair Mr. Theebs :p:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dallas;2461320 said:
Now now - Choice also had a couple great blitz pickups as well.

Call it fair Mr. Theebs :p:

yes, I am not saying he cant do it. I just think barber does it really really well and considering even the good ones make mistakes against pittsburgh, choice could have a rough day.

its up to the guys around him to really make sure he knows the deal though.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wouldn't call them great but I could have missed those. He leaves his feet. You should but only on a few plays. He should take them on most of the time.

2much2soon

Reaction score
I take some comfort in Choice's rep as a hard-working, conscientious guy. I gotta believe he has been schooled all week on what he might see from Pitts blitzes.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Boysboy, always finding the negatives. You ought to start a thread titled: Mewelde Moore and the Cowboys Blitz. That would be a good one too. And accurate.

Moore has allowed a ton of blitzers to get to Ben R. this year (the most of any Pitt RB), while Romo is one of the fewest sacked QB's.

Since Pitt only has, what, 2 more sacks than Dallas... don't you think that maybe Moore might be a bigger problem than Choice?

But you don't want to start a thread about that though, do you?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
theebs;2461326 said:
yes, I am not saying he cant do it. I just think barber does it really really well and considering even the good ones make mistakes against pittsburgh, choice could have a rough day.

its up to the guys around him to really make sure he knows the deal though.

"They call me Mr. Theebs"....I just wanted to say that

Having Choice back there scares me, but if he is back there I still expect us to roll.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I just wish we would make Barber rest instead of risking more damage to his toe. Choice can get it done..

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2461430 said:
I just wish we would make Barber rest instead of risking more damage to his toe. Choice can get it done..

No way. We have no room for error here. A loss could mean the season is over.

I think Barber plays, but he gives Choice some series here and there. And Barber will be in on every 3rd down.

dmoore

Reaction score
We know the blitz will becoming, but I think just getting the ball out quickly will be more important than Choice picking it up. He'll to an adequate job back there, and Romo has a knack for evading pressure. I think everything will work itself out. If we lose, it certainly won't be because of Choice. Romo just has to make good decisions, and make them quickly, and we should put up points. Can't wait for Sunday. Should be a good one.