Tashard Choice Needs More Playing Time

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I realize Felix Jones looks Like a keeper. But I think Marion Barber could use the breather. He would of been fresher at the end of the game. Choice could be used to soften the defense in the 2nd and 3rd Quarter.. It's a long season and Barber is already beat up..

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
Tashard choice got hosed by being picked by the cowboys. The only time he will see the field is due to injury or in mop up duty.

superpunk

Reaction score
Of all the threads that could have been started today, this is the one that I didn't see coming.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He will get some touches in games where we try to control the clock. We hardly ran the ball at all last night.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk;2263209 said:
Of all the threads that could have been started today, this is the one that I didn't see coming.

Bah.

I'm betting this thread would happen before a "We need to play Ware less; Spencer more" thread....

Chinfu

Reaction score
If Felix isn't getting a lot of touches what makes you think Choice should?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;2263159 said:
I realize Felix Jones looks Like a keeper. But I think Marion Barber could use the breather. He would of been fresher at the end of the game. Choice could be used to soften the defense in the 2nd and 3rd Quarter.. It's a long season and Barber is already beat up..

If Barber can't handle 19 touches in one game, followed by 22 touches in the next, then we seriously overpaid him with his new contract.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Vintage;2263687 said:
Bah.

I'm betting this thread would happen before a "We need to play Ware less; Spencer more" thread....

"Romo hasn't even been sacked, and he already has a busted chin and a hurt finger. We need to give Brad Johnson some playing time and give Tony a rest, or he won't last all season."

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
yeah it was a shame things didn't work out to get Choice in last night but that's going to happen in the closer games like this.

es22

Reaction score
I like Choice as a back, but he was picked for depth.

This isnt college. You play your best players at each position.

Temo

Reaction score
The fact is that we score points with Barber on the field. Anyone remember last year how we wouldn't score points in the first and second quarters (when Barber didn't get as much playing time on the field)?

Even if he's not ripping off big runs, he draws attention from defenders which is going to result in points.

khiladi

Reaction score
Vintage;2263687 said:
Bah.

Actually, replace the word Ware, with Ellis, and that would be accurate...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2263716 said:
"Romo hasn't even been sacked, and he already has a busted chin and a hurt finger. We need to give Brad Johnson some playing time and give Tony a rest, or he won't last all season."

OK.

You got me.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
choice hurt his wrist on special teams....thats why he wasn't out there...

btcutter

Reaction score
Chinfu;2263691 said:
If Felix isn't getting a lot of touches what makes you think Choice should?

Bingo.

I think the coaches were worried about Felix's ability to recognize and pick up JJ's blitz package.

I think FJ will get more touches as season progress and I am drooling at watching FJ run that wheel route and take it to the house because no one will be able to cover or catch him. Naked pitch to FJ hasn't been used either or screen to FJ......

Possibilities...wow.....:D