Tate or Earl?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Cowboys Break brought up a good discussion about making at splash at the WR position at either S or WR and the names brought up were Earl Thomas or Golden Tate.

What’s your preference?

For me it’s Thomas by a landslide but price is obviously a factor.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Since I have been begging for a safety for years I guess I will stick with that. I think this is the year when need matches bpa at 58. There are several safety's that could be in play at that pick if it hasn't already been addressed in F.A.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Earl.

No question.

Like it was laid out on the Draft Show, there are a number of viable slot options in free agency and the draft. That’s not remotely true for safety.

bodi

Reaction score
that's toss up for me Tate has always has a good game against us

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Why not go after a younger player in Mathieu or Tre Boston who would be younger and cheaper and isn't coming off 2 tibia injuries over the last 3 years.
Thomas
Mathieu
Boston
Joyner
Clinton-Dix
Amos

That 6 quality S's that could be available that would be options for us and come cheaper than Thomas and younger.

exciter

Reaction score
Amos, Joiner, Boston, that order, wouldn't be interested in Thomas and Mathieu too much money for age and injury history. Dix may be mentally broken!

cnuball21

Reaction score
Why not go after a younger player in Mathieu or Tre Boston who would be younger and cheaper and isn't coming off 2 tibia injuries over the last 3 years.
Thomas
Mathieu
Boston
Joyner
Clinton-Dix
Amos

That 6 quality S's that could be available that would be options for us and come cheaper than Thomas and younger.

You can go that route, but on a short deal Earl is a better player than anyone on there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Earl Thomas and it isn't close.

This is a Hall of Fame player that will be playing elite ball for 4 or 5 more years if he can stay healthy.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Am I the only one who would find it difficult to root for Tate? There's a lot of animosity over the years stemming from that Sean Lee hit.

A lot of teams aren't paying safeties because they aren't difference makers. Earl Thomas is a difference maker.

dallas72

Reaction score
Cowboys Break brought up a good discussion about making at splash at the WR position at either S or WR and the names brought up were Earl Thomas or Golden Tate.

What’s your preference?

For me it’s Thomas by a landslide but price is obviously a factor.
Tate has NEVER been a thought hes der than Beasley lol hes 30 ...Earl & Adam Humphreys are way better options

RS12

Reaction score
I'd kick the tires on McCoy first then Earl.