Tavon Austin contract details

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
So we we can't hit an open Bease

- Where did it go wrong?

Why overpay at that position if the guys are winning that battle?

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
So we got two Tavons?

Tavon Austin and Tavon Wilson ... with identical contracts. Scan the "FanZone" titles for details. I'm amazed at the talent of this front office and some of the members for gleaning out these details.

glimmerman

Reaction score
His stock has dropped.

That deal the Rams gave him a few years ago was a head scratcher.
The contract the rams paid him was crazy and set him up for life.

36 million is nuts. Picked the wrong career. Lol.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It is a good bargain but the problem is this is the contract TAustin has earned with his production

It is better than over-paying Beasley but we need him to stay healthy and contribute big plays

glimmerman

Reaction score
Learn to hit a baseball..... lol
I know, that guy just got 12 years and 420 million. And some were saying don’t take it because next year the contracts will be bigger.

I would have said 210 million for 6 years and then retired.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a good bargain but the problem is this is the contract TAustin has earned with his production

It is better than over-paying Beasley but we need him to stay healthy and contribute big plays

I like what he brings, always with the caveat of being healthy. Austin is far and away this team's best option at punt returner. Even after injury, he was electric against the Seahawks and should have had two huge returns. And I'm hopeful that Moore will have better sense to use him in the offense than Linehan ever did. For the few opportunities he did get, Austin was setting career highs in yards per reception and gave the offense game-breaking speed that they didn't have otherwise.

This contract is a great bargain. Now we just have to hope for health.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I like what he brings, always with the caveat of being healthy. Austin is far and away this team's best option at punt returner. Even after injury, he was electric against the Seahawks and should have had two huge returns. And I'm hopeful that Moore will have better sense to use him in the offense than Linehan ever did. For the few opportunities he did get, Austin was setting career highs in yards per reception and gave the offense game-breaking speed that they didn't have otherwise.

A lot of IFs in that statement

Like I said..... much better than over-paying Fair Catch Cole

glimmerman

Reaction score

As long as he holds on to the ball, which last year he did then he is good at returning compared to beasley. If he stays healthy he may even be able to split time with Cobb in the slot. Or line him up on go routes. Take a cb and maybe a safety with him to clear out underneath.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I started reading this before my 2nd cup of coffee....I regret that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of IFs in that statement

Like I said..... much better than over-paying Fair Catch Cole

The way I see it, there are a whole lot of IF's all over this team this year. Nowhere more obvious than their free agency targets. Tavon Austin is but one of many.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as he holds on to the ball, which last year he did then he is good at returning compared to beasley. If he stays healthy he may even be able to split time with Cobb in the slot. Or line him up on go routes. Take a cb and maybe a safety with him to clear out underneath.

I'm cautiously optimistic that under a new offensive coordinator that he might actually be the multi-purpose weapon that was talked about last year.
  • Punt returner
  • Part-time speed receiver
  • "Web back", used in the slot, out of the backfield, or in the beloved Jet Sweep

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic that under a new offensive coordinator that he might actually be the multi-purpose weapon that was talked about last year.
  • Punt returner
  • Part-time speed receiver
  • "Web back", used in the slot, out of the backfield, or in the beloved Jet Sweep
Ahhh the old jet sweep. Wonder if Moore will still run it. There has to be a play or 2 that Moore standing on the sidelines has always thought “ If I ever get to call plays I will never use that again.”

dallasdave

Reaction score

Great bargin

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahhh the old jet sweep. Wonder if Moore will still run it. There has to be a play or 2 that Moore standing on the sidelines has always thought “ If I ever get to call plays I will never use that again.”

I hope not. In fact, I think this team needs to use a lot more pre-snap motion. The rest of the league is doing it and we need to follow suit. It gives the defense a bit of a pause and something to think about and that's always an advantage for an offense.