Taxes Online

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone know a good, reliable, inexpensive site to file your taxes on line?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
JokerJokerDeuce said:
Anyone know a good, reliable, inexpensive site to file your taxes on line?

BTW, be careful of Winicki...if he tells ya he does taxes he's lying...

He told someone here he was an "On-line Chiropractor"...the guy's just plain crazy.

:)

LPW

Reaction score
I am a CPA and prepare taxes. I normally charge between $50 -$75 (sometimes more if the return is especially difficult) and this includes electronic filing. This is about the price of buying the Turbo Tax program plus you have the peace of mind of having a Tax Professional preparing your return. PM if anyone is interested.

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
IRS Link to FREE Online filing

I did mine through turbo tax website.. been using them for 5 yrs now. Never any trouble and it is quick and easy
Thanks. I did mine through the Turbo tax website tonight as well. Quick and easy, and only $40.

I love getting money back from the government.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
JokerJokerDeuce said:
Thanks. I did mine through the Turbo tax website tonight as well. Quick and easy, and only $40.

I love getting money back from the government.

You'd have been much better off giving an extra $10-$20 to a tax professional in your area.

Unless you're going 1040 EZ (which a 4th grader could manage), the simple thought of having a preparer sitting next to you at an audit is worth the money.

Getting money back from the government should be the worst feeling you can have. It means that you gave them your own money interest free for at least 15 months.

For every $100 you get back, you've lost approximately $5. (factoring in just under a 10% ROR, I know it's not exact, but I'm only using it as an example).

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
You'd have been much better off giving an extra $10-$20 to a tax professional in your area.

Unless you're going 1040 EZ (which a 4th grader could manage), the simple thought of having a preparer sitting next to you at an audit is worth the money.

Getting money back from the government should be the worst feeling you can have. It means that you gave them your own money interest free for at least 15 months.

For every $100 you get back, you've lost approximately $5. (factoring in just under a 10% ROR, I know it's not exact, but I'm only using it as an example).

If a tax professional only charged 20, I'd consider it.

HR block cost 148 dollars to do a 1040 last year.

Turbo tax made it real easy.

Besides... I figure if I can't get arrested for murdering those three families in 1995, the government surely can't get me for a mistake in my taxes.

:cool:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JokerJokerDeuce said:
If a tax professional only charged 20, I'd consider it.

HR block cost 148 dollars to do a 1040 last year.

Turbo tax made it real easy.

Besides... I figure if I can't get arrested for murdering those three families in 1995, the government surely can't get me for a mistake in my taxes.

:cool:
I don't know which turbo tax you used. Because the one I e-filed was for free. Should've gone through the link Princess gave you, you probably wouldn't have paid anything.

I wouldn't worry about an audit if you keep good records and are not trying to deduct your dog as a business expense by saying he's a security alarm.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I don't know which turbo tax you used. Because the one I e-filed was for free. Should've gone through the link Princess gave you, you probably wouldn't have paid anything.

I wouldn't worry about an audit if you keep good records and are not trying to deduct your dog as a business expense by saying he's a security alarm.

I was going to say the same thing... It didn't cost me anything to file either.

H.R Block charged me 258.00 the year my husband died to do my taxes and I got a refund that year. I had to pay the 258.00 up front before they filed and I got my refund. It took 28 days to get the refund

With turbo tax online, I get them done for free and get my refund within 14 days. Last year I had my refund in 6 days w/ direct deposit.

I did mine last Friday and am scheduled to have my refund direct deposited by Mar. 4th

H.R Block says they will be up and ready for an audit if the IRS comes after you. A friend of mine got audited two years ago and H.R. Block missed the appointment w/ the IRS

I'll just use turbo tax online....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboysPrincess said:
I was going to say the same thing... It didn't cost me anything to file either.

H.R Block charged me 258.00 the year my husband died to do my taxes and I got a refund that year. I had to pay the 258.00 up front before they filed and I got my refund. It took 28 days to get the refund

With turbo tax online, I get them done for free and get my refund within 14 days. Last year I had my refund in 6 days w/ direct deposit.

I did mine last Friday and am scheduled to have my refund direct deposited by Mar. 4th

H.R Block says they will be up and ready for an audit if the IRS comes after you. A friend of mine got audited two years ago and H.R. Block missed the appointment w/ the IRS

I'll just use turbo tax online....
I agree. I've worked for Jackson Hewitt and it was waste of my time and a rip-off for the customers. If people took the time to really go through those tax booklets, they walk you through all the calculations.

If I had a business, I'd probably use a licensed CPA for auditing purposes. But for my personal income, turbo tax online or some other free file software is the way to go.

k19

Reaction score
I'll stick with Turbo tax on the web s well. I've been using their online setup for the past 6 years or so and have never had a problem.

As far as the government keeping my money and loosing 5 bucks for every 100 I dont worry too much about it. We make all our major purchases for the year at tax time then call it done til the next year.