TB looking to trade OJ Howard

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Would you be interested? And if so what would you give up? I do fund him intriguing but would have be a bargain in every sense.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-tight-end-o-j-howard-on-the-trading-block-per-report/
He does not look like the country club fit Jerry Jones likes. If we get Howard, your TE problems are solved because he can catch, block, and run. He won Bama a championship for the TE position under Nick Saban and almost got him another. Catch, Block and Run...That is the trinity for an NFL TE. He has stated that he tries to model his play off of Jason Witten, Jimmy Graham, and Jordan Reed.

Jones loves Blake Jarwin so there is no room in the country club for this O.J. I hope Zoom doesn't work and the Cowboys trade for him without Jerry knowing.

fansince68

Reaction score
A 4th this year and a 2021 3rd round pick. We should have at least 3 3rd round pics in 2021

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I haven't seen him play a single down since Alabama.
He was good, very good, until he got hurt last year. This year they marginalized the position.

2018 he was a pro bowl caliber her went down. When healthy and utilized he has been the rare TE that is a + blocker as well as a guy that threatens multiple levels in the passing. But when you what they about the best ability being availability....

Batman1980

Reaction score
I'd offer a 5th that can become a 3rd with incentives such as 50 catches and 6 TDs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We should be all over this

Yah, this one we should definitely be all over. He is a complete TE. I would try to give them a 5th and a 7th, but I might be talked into a 4th. Of course we would have to sign him immediately.

K5ntexas

Reaction score
While I think he is a talented player he also has problems with drops sometimes. I don't think he is worth an early or mid round draft pick for a one year rental on with a new contract he would require right around the corner. He is a great redzone threat. Probably not worth a 5th and that wouldn't even be enough to trade for him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Nah. It's going to cost at least a 3rd and it's time to let Jarwin earn the money you just gave him.

There are TEs available in this draft also that are far away from a payday.

Cant keep dealing high pick for vets. Need guys to play on the cheap.

Loso86

Reaction score
I don’t know if he fits what they want at TE.

He’s kind of a classic throwback TE and maybe they want someone a little more dynamic.

He’s a good solid player though.. Nothing special.
I disagree I think he can be whatever TE we need him to be while can be very dynamic he was just used improperly

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Pass
Dallas cant afford that for a te.

Dallas has more important needs

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Tom Brady a QB that really knows how to use a talented TE comes to town and BA doesnt want him? Ill pass