Twitter: TC Day 2

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How sure are you that Dak wasnt practicing those exact same scenarios shown in those clips?

Ball placement and the direction the receiver was running after the catch was the same. If he says Dak ball placement should've been further out in front of the receiver, their's should've been also. Correct?
No. Like I said angles & defenders.

Fine with showing a comparison & discussing but it needs to be on the same route.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Then show me a post of his saying Dak threw a good ball.
For me, none of that matters. Was the throw to Simi thrown so he could make the catch in stride? No. Cooks, yes.

Each play stands on its own. If you don't feel the poster is fair in their recognition of good plays, I understand but his critique of the Simi play was valid.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
No. Like I said angles & defenders.

Fine with showing a comparison & discussing but it needs to be on the same route.
So you're saying the ball placement, distance and the direction the receiver was running after the catch wasnt the same? In the Mahomes clip especially.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So you're saying the ball placement, distance and the direction the receiver was running after the catch wasnt the same? In the Mahomes clip especially.
Dallas - One on one drill with the TE making an out cut within 5 yards of the LOS. There is nothing to prevent the QB from throwing the ball a little out front. I'm not saying it was a bad pass .... but getting those balls in just a little better spot can make a huge difference in what the receiver is able to do afterwards.

The others - team drills with depth of target more like 10-12 yards and multiple defenders in the area. The QB's are incentivized to put the ball ON the receiver.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either Schulz is gonna be missed .. or not missed.
3zosvh.gif

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Dallas - One on one drill with the TE making an out cut within 5 yards of the LOS. There is nothing to prevent the QB from throwing the ball a little out front. I'm not saying it was a bad pass .... but getting those balls in just a little better spot can make a huge difference in what the receiver is able to do afterwards.

The others - team drills with depth of target more like 10-12 yards and multiple defenders in the area. The QB's are incentivized to put the ball ON the receiver.
So I'll ask again, how do you and @khiladi know that Dak wasn't practicing putting it ON the receiver for those situations? Since practice is how QB's get good those situations, right?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So I'll ask again, how do you and @khiladi know that Dak wasn't practicing putting it ON the receiver for those situations? Since practice is how QB's get good those situations, right?
How many ways can I say the ball should a little more out in front so receiver never breaks stride at all? ie, The ball should be leading him where he needs to go.

Again, it was not a bad pass. Just that slight tweak some of us would like to see to get more out of our plays. My response was more about the passes you chose as comparisons not the pass itself.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Not if they allow Schoon to have the amputation and get fitted for a blade. Course that will compromise his blocking. Tradeoffs.

1300 yards? Yes, I disagree.
You didn't let me finish.

I ALSO predict Schoon will have at least 1200 yds and 8 TDs, and 20 pancake blocks of defensive ends. Even if he misses a quarter of the season.

NOW....I dare u to disagree.

Best TE group in NFL.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You didn't let me finish.

I ALSO predict Schoon will have at least 1200 yds and 8 TDs, and 20 pancake blocks of defensive ends. Even if he misses a quarter of the season.

NOW....I dare u to disagree.

Best TE group in NFL.
Well, I can't argue with that kind of logic. I surrender. :lmao2:

Now that we've got the easy stuff out of the way. How many sacks will he be charged with? Since our OL don't get credited with sacks according to PFF, they gotta go on someone's tally.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Well, I can't argue with that kind of logic. I surrender. :lmao2:

Now that we've got the easy stuff out of the way. How many sacks will he be charged with? Since our OL don't get credited with sacks according to PFF, they gotta go on someone's tally.
He will be CHARGED with 0 sacks.

BUT.... once training camp is done and the coaches witness his outstanding athleticism and decide to make him a 2 way player and give him 15 snaps a game at DEnd....he will get 6 to 8 solo Sacks as a stand up edge rusher.

The Haters will disagree with this though

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
How many ways can I say the ball should a little more out in front so receiver never breaks stride at all? ie, The ball should be leading him where he needs to go.

Again, it was not a bad pass. Just that slight tweak some of us would like to see to get more out of our plays. My response was more about the passes you chose as comparisons not the pass itself.
You also said the ball placement was situational, correct? Thats why I asked, how do you know that Dak's throw isnt practicing for that situation shown in the other clips?

Yall are guessing the situation, then criticizing Dak practicing a throw/situation yall are guessing about. Which makes zero sense.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You also said the ball placement was situational, correct? Thats why I asked, how do you know that Dak's throw isnt practicing for that situation shown in the other clips?

Yall are guessing the situation, then criticizing Dak practicing a throw/situation yall are guessing about. Which makes zero sense.
There is no guessing. This drill is 100% simulating the TE getting outside position on the defensive player with open ground in front of him (ie, toward the sideline).

It makes zero sense to practice putting the ball closer to the defender nor so that the receiver has to slow up in any way. The intent is to throw the ball in front of the receiver (ie, further from defender) and hoping receiver can pull away.

In a live drill with another defender out in front, sure putting it on him would be the thing to do.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
His helmet looks bigger than he is. :muttley:

But can't wait to see him in a PS game.
Those are the new concussion proof ( reducing) helmetsfor practice for high contact players. Have to admit it looks way bigger, almost comically big head .

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
There is no guessing. This drill is 100% simulating the TE getting outside position on the defensive player with open ground in front of him (ie, toward the sideline).

It makes zero sense to practice putting the ball closer to the defender nor so that the receiver has to slow up in any way. The intent is to throw the ball in front of the receiver (ie, further from defender) and hoping receiver can pull away.

In a live drill with another defender out in front, sure putting it on him would be the thing to do.
Yep 100% guessing.

Thinking NFL qb's dont practice throws/ball placement for different situations whether the defense is there or not is asinine. I cant say 100% what Dak was practicing, but you cant either. Just because you say it, doesnt mean its true...

Now go ahead and double down on what you guess he was doing.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yep 100% guessing.

Thinking NFL qb's dont practice throws/ball placement for different situations whether the defense is there or not is asinine. I cant say 100% what Dak was practicing, but you cant either. Just because you say it, doesnt mean its true...

Now go ahead and double down on what you guess he was doing.
if it makes you happy to believe that wasn't what the drill is about, fine.