Twitter: TC Evening Practice Wrap-up - 08/06/13 *First fight of camp*

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 1h
Hanna back in the mix on this 12 personnel. Escobar hasn't been bad but Hanna down the field is a better option.
I am down with the TE RB working against LB S. Wilcox on field getting early reps. Exactly what he needs. Reaction situations.
Escobar just got up the field on Holloman who had a nice game on Sunday in coverage. Gavin dropped the ball.
It's mix and match day at safety in this drill. Church working with Hamilton. McCray working with Wilcox now. Heath with Hamilton.
McSurdy is a favorite of @Boys_Vox and I have to say he is moving much better than I thought he ever would in coverage.
Red Zone period. Selvie starter at left end for Bass. Moore for Carr. Three straight wins for defense. First offense wasn't close.
Bass playing as the under tackle. With the 2s now.
Austin from what I have seen is struggling catching ball today. Drop in red zone and on a 9 route he miss judged.
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 1h
I've found it interesting that Sterling Moore is seeing more time inside than BW Webb.
Ryan Cook back in pads and at practice. Had sore back.
Ben Bass, who left Sunday game with knee injury, is practicing.
BW Webb struggles on first two reps of being 1v1.
Jason Garrett offers up finer points of route running to receivers. Wants better releases
WRs now with the drops. At least 5 in one on one work.
Dez Bryant collides with Orlando Scandrick in 2v2 work. Slow to get up but not missing rep
James Hanna working with first 12 grouping. Not Escobar
Barry Church flattens Demarco Murray. Wow
Eric Frampton is the second team safety with Matt Johnson out
Miles Austin unable to come down with deep throw from Romo. Stopped running.
Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 1h
The Cowboys have signed DE Jabari Fletcher (61) and OG Dennis Godfrey (64). They cut punter Spencer Benton and DE Monte Taylor.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 1h
In 1-1 dez makes leaping catch over Claiborne. Austin does nice job beating Scandrick.
Danny Coale looks a little slow coming out of the break. Missed some practices with a swollen knee.
Woicik working with Ratliff in rehab. Lot of grunting going on.
FS 1 of the more interesting spots on the field. Have to make split second decisions.
During passing drill Jason Garrett rolls out like he's under pressure to make sure secondary stays alert.
George selvie with TFL on tanner
Got our first bout of camp Ernie sims vs lance Dunbar. A few punches thrown and a flag by the back judge
Looks like the offense is a little agitated today.
Defense is chippy today.
Ben bass jumps offsides and Garrett says "get your defense outta there"
Scandrick drops a pick and monte Kiffin throws his hat down and puts his hand on top of his head.
Ware with good pressure as romo throws pass to Austin
Romo with nice throw to Beasley who makes catch over the middle. Good protection
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 54m
Dez and mo Claiborne jawing after one on one drills. Competing. Nobody wants to lose. Dez wins most but wants to win every time
Will Allen with big hit on Murray
Defense knocked ball loose on back to back plays after scuffle
Scandrick knocks deep ball away from dez
Blitzing Scandrick disrupted screen from room
Eric Rogers with bad drop. Has struggled all day
Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 39m
Selvie getting some work with the ones. He's come a long way from being on the street to here.
First fight at camp. That took awhile.
Ben Bass working inside today.
Fans are yelling, "Tyrone" at George Selvie, who shares the No. 98. Guess not everyone knows Selvie's number as Kiffin suggested.

Brad Sham ‏@Boys_Vox 37m
1st camp fight: Sims v Dunbar

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 37m
I love how when we have a little scuffle at practice that gets about 15 players involved .. The ref in the back throws a flag ... Thanks

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 37m
First fight of camp. Looks like the whole team. Even Romo wandered in there for a look. Didn't last long.
Two plays after the fight/scrum, team moves to the other side of the field. Garrett running ahead of everybody, calling, 'Bounce! Bounce!'
Romo under throws deep ball to open Austin on sideline. Moment earlier bumped into a lineman on play action. Related?
Crowd says 59 got things going in the fight. Ernie Sims. Serious dude.
Int through Scandrick's hands in the slot. But apparently having a good camp.
Outmatched on size but Scandrick on Dez like glue down right sideline. Pbu. He is having a good camp.
Romo misses Dez deep. Bad. Two mon drill has to end in long bailey FG.
11 on 11. Scandrick surprises romo with blitz from slot. Nobody checked to a protection.
Sims in coverage on Beasley put a hand on Beasley coming out of break. Beasley hit the turf.
Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 37m
First fight of training camp for Cowboys: Between LB Ernie Sims and RB Lance Dunbar.
This has been a very poor practice for the offense. WR Miles Austin just dropped a deep pass from Tony Romo down right sideline. Wide open.
Cowboys rookie CB B.W. Webb just sacked QB Nick Stephens.
What the end of the Cowboys' first fight of training camp looked like: pic.twitter.com/20qSO4nnw4
BRBoBExCYAAawcf.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
The reports on Austin haven't been so good since the start of Camp. That has to have JG a little concerned.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 2m
Miles Austin ran his route short and romo pass falls incomplete.
Romo gets delay of game and blames sun he can't see the play clock.
Sean lee with INT on pass for dez.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 1m
Nick Hayden working at Lissemore's spot in this 11 on 11. Got a pressure.
Lee pick. Smooth catch. He has hands. Those ints are no accident.
Lissemore working with the 2s now.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Sounds like Hayden has passed Liss on the depth chart.

Reaction score
Seriously what is the deal with Miles?

I don't know what's worse - his history of hamstring injuries or the recent reports of him having trouble catching the football. And I like Miles Austin, but come on dude... get it together, man. These type of problems are what cost players a roster spot.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
How have the veteran safeties Church and Allen looked this training camp? We didn't get a chance to see them against the Dolphins.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 4m
Nice job by Scandrick with a PBU on deep ball to Bryant
A pitch play to Dunbar on 3-6 gets 4 yards. Time to punt
Offense looks bad today, Benford with a drop and Stephens scrambles downfield when protection breaks down.
Beasley converts 4 down pass in 2-min drill.
Toby Jackson lost helmet on pass rush.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 3m
Claiborne walking stiff on that left knee

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
How much of the offensive struggles are a result of the OL?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
How much of the offensive struggles are a result of the OL?

I don't think Miles slowing up on a route or dropping a pass has anything to do with the oline. We haven't heard anything bad about the line today and they played well Sunday. So I'm not sure the struggles from the offense has to do with the line. Sounds like the skill guys are struggling today

RS12

Reaction score
Danny Coale looks a little slow coming out of the break. Missed some practices with a swollen knee.
Nice knowin ya.

Eric Rogers with bad drop. Has struggled all day
Starting to sound like it wont be a problem getting him to the PS.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Chippy practice today. Love it. Getting closer to showtime guys are firing up

Bizwah

Reaction score
Up until Sunday night's game, I was worried about the offense being outperformed by the defense so consistently. But now, I really think our defense may be pretty good.

Zordon

Reaction score
Miles Miles Miles...*sigh*. If the dude had Dez's passion for the game, he'd be a monster. Instead he's just an inconsistent overpaid receiver.

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
Miles Miles Miles...*sigh*. If the dude had Dez's passion for the game, he'd be a monster. Instead he's just an inconsistent overpaid receiver.

With his injury proneness and iffy hands im strongly considering drafting Dwayne Harris as a sleeper in these leagues.