Twitter: TC Walkthrough and Garrett PC Tweets - 08/06/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not alot being tweeted, but I thought you guys might find this interesting.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 3m
According to @dmn_george, Mackenzy Bernadeau is working at first-team RG and George Selvie is at second-team DE during Cowboys walk-through.

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 8m
With Leary at LG and Bernadeau at RG, Cowboys might have their starting Oline out there.

Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 1m
Eric Frampton is at second-team safety with rookie J.J. Wilcox in place of the injured Matt Johnson.
Phil Costa at second-team center and Ryan Cook at second-team LG in walk-through.
Orlando Scandrick in place of Brandon Carr in walk-through.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 5m
Been told nothing wrong physically with Carr. Coach will fill us in after practice.
Interesting how coaches have now just left Costa at center + putting Cook in there at OG There has always been the concern of lack of bulk.

Brad Sham ‏@Boys_Vox 19s
Selvie walking thru for Bass w 1s at LDE but hearing no long term concern re: Bass

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 37s
Garrett repeatedly ripping #cowboys O for sloppy huddling. 'Look like a pro football team!! Are you kiddin me??'

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 24s
Garrett hating the pace of walk-through. Now Callahan doesn't like it. Just said something about 'the demeanor of the huddle.'

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 6m
In an interesting alignment Kyle Wilber stood up in 3-4 scheme at OLB. Then on another play he was DE and George Selvie was OLB.
Sterling Moore, Morris Claiborne and Orlando Scandick the nickel CBs.
Ben Bass a LDE with 1-team.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 1m
Was asked if Hayden surpassed Lissemore and said no. Watching this walkthrough I change my mind.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 7m
Nick Hayden getting work with Hatcher with the 1s at nose.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 1m
Derek 'Dools' Dooley getting worked up, too. Not happy with his 3s receivers. Bombing em.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 1m
@asuram79: @BryanBroaddus in your opinion do you think Arkin or Bernadeau is a better option at guard?” Bernadeau will start I believe.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 2m
Cowboys CB Brandon Carr wasn't at practice because his fiancée had a baby.

Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN 6m
After just 1 of 5 preseason games for the #Cowboys, I would pencil in Ronald Leary over Nate Livings at LG. OT depth, however, is an ISSUE.
Escobar's compete was good in the run game, but strength and finish still need improvement. He will be a legit threat in the passing game.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It would seem that putting Bernie in at 1st team guard indicates they were not satisfied with Arkin's performance. Or think Bernie can do better.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
look for a waiver wire pick up at OT later in camp. Weems may make the PS.
Maybe they roll with just 3 OT's again.............

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
It would seem that putting Bernie in at 1st team guard indicates they were not satisfied with Arkin's performance. Or think Bernie can do better.

Probably going to see both rotating with the ones. I don't think it has as much to do with Arkin's play as it does to giving Berny a chance to keep his spot and not lose it just because of his injury.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 2m
Garrett said Matt Johnson is day to day but could be out until next week with foot/ankle issue.

Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 2m
Garrett said David Arkin played tough, strong but wasn't consistent.
Jason Garrett saw more from George Selvie than his two sacks, really impressed. Said also made key block on INT return for TD.
Garrett said reserve safety Heath did a good job on special teams against Miami. He's an under-the-radar guy who Cowboys like.

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 21s
Garrett said real game film for #cowboys kids was a 'Come To Jesus' meeting.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 33s
Jason Garrett said JJ Wilcox had some inconsistent play.

Tom Orsborn ‏@tom_orsborn 19s
Garrett said he had "a come to Jesus meeting" with younger players Tuesday morning about lackluster special teams play against Miami.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 39s
Garrett calls Wilcox an example of inconsistent play. Says he needs to run. All the time. Can't hit what you don't get to.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 4m
Jason Garrett was not happy with J.J. Wilcox's performance in the game. Said he needs to play better. Was given that message emphatically

Garrett also ripped DeVonte Holloman for a late hit on the qb and an offsides penalty on the same drive. Pick-Six dont get you a pass

Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 20s
Cowboys rookie LB DeVonte Holloman said he was lined up wrong on his interception that he returned 75 yards for a TD.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 1m
Jason Garrett on a bad sequence for Cowboys D and DeVonte Holloman: 'He was a big part of that.'

Last edited:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well I still think Berny will end up starting, but Arkin did finally show something that we all should be excited about.

If Berny does start, I would look for Arkin to take the position either this season cause of injury or win the spot outright next season.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 3m
Cowboys rookie LB DeVonte Holloman said he was lined up wrong on his interception that he returned 75 yards for a TD.
... And, Cowboys DC Monte Kiffin said, "That can happen sometimes. But if you line up wrong, make sure you make a big play."
DL coach Rod Marinelli on off-the-street DE George Selvie: "You don’t want to be home watching daytime soaps if you like to play football."

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 2m
Garrett liked Wilber in first pass-rush action. 'I thought he played more physically than we had seen him play.'
Jason Garrett on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox: 'He can play better, and he knows it.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Has Arkin worked any at center that anyone has heard?

I am not sure that working Costa at second team center for one walkthrough means they won't work him at guard anymore...same for Frederick. Just trying to give themselves every option with these guys. I have definitely come around to the fact that Frederick at center with anyone at guard is probably better than Costa at center and Frederick at guard.

I think that with Bernadeau or Arkin as a backup guard and Costa as a backup center, we would be set at the interior spots for backups if everyone stays healthy. Doesn't even consider Livings. We still desperately need an answer at backup OT....I am sure Weems or Coughman isn't the answer.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has Arkin worked any at center that anyone has heard?

I am not sure that working Costa at second team center for one walkthrough means they won't work him at guard anymore...same for Frederick. Just trying to give themselves every option with these guys. I have definitely come around to the fact that Frederick at center with anyone at guard is probably better than Costa at center and Frederick at guard.

I think that with Bernadeau or Arkin as a backup guard and Costa as a backup center, we would be set at the interior spots for backups if everyone stays healthy. Doesn't even consider Livings. We still desperately need an answer at backup OT....I am sure Weems or Coughman isn't the answer.

One good thing with Bernadeau being back and it sounds like Cook is capable of practicing this week, at least the 2nd team inside OL will have three more experienced guys in Cook/Costa/Arkin out there. That will help the 2nd team offense.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
One good thing with Bernadeau being back and it sounds like Cook is capable of practicing this week, at least the 2nd team inside OL will have three more experienced guys in Cook/Costa/Arkin out there. That will help the 2nd team offense.

Yeah, but think about it, our second team had Frederick, Costa and Leary in the middle of it last week...that is about as good as you could do for a second line. We need to start getting some tackles back. Parnell and Bell need to get to work. Seriously, how long do you give a guy like Bell to get into enough shape to practice?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but think about it, our second team had Frederick, Costa and Leary in the middle of it last week...that is about as good as you could do for a second line. We need to start getting some tackles back. Parnell and Bell need to get to work. Seriously, how long do you give a guy like Bell to get into enough shape to practice?

Yep, I realize that. I just don't want to see Leary and Frederick get "burned out". As we know it's a long season.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Yep...good point...want to see the reps spread out some. Arkin in particular has been worked a lot along with Frederick and Leary.