TE Jake Ferguson vs Sam LaPorta

quickccc

Reaction score
Well get to see two (three? ) TEs that played a big part on NFL Draft day when the rumors n reports swirled that cowboys coveted a TE in this past NFL draft

Including Dalton Kincaid in Buffalo..and Sam LaPorta in Detroit.

Bills drafted ahead Cowboys in first rd. While lions jumped LaPorta in 2nd round ahead of Cowboys.
We see now how good LaPorta is turning out with Lions
While Schoon has been a blocking TE picked in 2nd rd. even though we already had Ferguson whose turning into a pretty solid TE himself.

quickccc

Reaction score
I do wonder what would've happened to Ferguson now if we had drafted LaPorta in 2nd rd. Instead of Schoon.

I'll never understand what was it about Ferguson that the club didn't like or trust that they were desperate to draft another TE high in the nfl draft.

JBS

Reaction score
I do wonder what would've happened to Ferguson now if we had drafted LaPorta in 2nd rd. Instead of Schoon.

I'll never understand what was it about Ferguson that the club didn't like or trust that they were desperate to draft another TE high in the nfl draft.
One has nothing to do w the other. Multiple tight end sets is what they wanted

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score

Edit no LaPorta was drafted 3rd pick in the second round he was long gone before the Cowboys 2nd round pick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well get to see two (three? ) TEs that played a big part on NFL Draft day when the rumors n reports swirled that cowboys coveted a TE in this past NFL draft

Including Dalton Kincaid in Buffalo..and Sam LaPorta in Detroit.

Bills drafted ahead Cowboys in first rd. While lions jumped LaPorta in 2nd round ahead of Cowboys.
We see now how good LaPorta is turning out with Lions
While Schoon has been a blocking TE picked in 2nd rd. even though we already had Ferguson whose turning into a pretty solid TE himself.
I like Ferguson. He brings a dog attitude to this team that is sorely needed. I think he’s going to become a Star.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

LaPorta was drafted long before the Cowboys were on the clock.

Drafting Schoon had nothing to do with Ferg.

J12B

Reaction score
I like Ferguson. He brings a dog attitude to this team that is sorely needed. I think he’s going to become a Star.
I like Ferguson too, but I'd much rather have La Porta.

He's excellent in every aspect of the game as a TE already.

superonyx

Reaction score
I like Ferguson too, but I'd much rather have La Porta.

He's excellent in every aspect of the game as a TE already.
I always get a kick out of fans on message boards who pretend to be experts on a player on a team they may have watched once or twice all year.

J12B

Reaction score
I always get a kick out of fans on message boards who pretend to be experts on a player on a team they may have watched once or twice all year.
I've watched every single Lions game this season.

Have La Porta and St. Brown on my fantasy team.

Brooksey

Reaction score

Laporta looks special in his rookie season but Ferguson is having a great year too. We'll see

Mannix

Reaction score

Agree 100%....having said that, Ferguson is....and will never be...a LaPorta....he is a BEAST. Even Corky was pining over him pre-draft...taking Schoon made ZERO sense and was without any purpose.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I just want Ferg to be back involved in the Offense.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Sam LaPorta so far. He 2 years younger than Jake and is playing just as good if not better as a rookie.

Sam has almost double the TD's and is currently more productive than Ferg in the lions offense.
Sam is also more athletic than Ferg. I love the attitude Ferg plays with though.

Luke Schoonmaker is actually pretty close to how athletic Sam was in the draft, but Luke is also 3 years older than Sam.