TE Jake Ferguson vs Sam LaPorta

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
One can argue LaPorta has more offensive weapons on his side of the ball than Fergie does...sure he looks great, but this also has lots to do with those around him

jblaze2004

Reaction score
One can argue LaPorta has more offensive weapons on his side of the ball than Fergie does...sure he looks great, but this also has lots to do with those around him
Yeah they have a better run game which can move and cause the linebackers to hesitate just a little so they can get to their spot.

quickccc

Reaction score
LaPorta was drafted long before the Cowboys were on the clock.

Drafting Schoon had nothing to do with Ferg.
it did .. it does.. you don't draft a blocking TE as high as a 2nd round pick.
Blocking TEs are not a high round premium pick players

And Schoon is not at all a LaPorta ..an accomplished featured TE coming out of college that
you heavily involve & devise your passing offense around.

quickccc

Reaction score
Then I will easily be one of those that will argue (and take) our WRs and QB over what Lions have to offer.

Frankly the Lions don't have anyone at WR that is as Elite level as our CeeDee Lamb.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Then I will easily be one of those that will argue (and take) our WRs and QB over what Lions have to offer.

Frankly the Lions don't have anyone at WR that is as Elite level as our CeeDee Lamb.
Brown is getting to that point but clearly not yet, but they also have 2 RB's to our zero. Not quite sold on Goff though, even before that INT

quickccc

Reaction score
Brown is getting to that point but clearly not yet, but they also have 2 RB's to our zero. Not quite sold on Goff though, even before that INT
They have much better run block scheme ..and they use their RBs far much better than we do in pass game.

Pollard was a '22 Pro Bowl RB.

Havic

Reaction score
Before the season started, the coaches did not trust Ferg so they drafted another TE high imo.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I do wonder what would've happened to Ferguson now if we had drafted LaPorta in 2nd rd. Instead of Schoon.

I'll never understand what was it about Ferguson that the club didn't like or trust that they were desperate to draft another TE high in the nfl draft.
He probably would have been kept on the bottom of the roster like Noah Brown, for as many years as possible, at the minimum.

I mean, look at Brown in Houston.

lk8701

Reaction score
Laporta is better than than Schoon and Mazi combined

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well get to see two (three? ) TEs that played a big part on NFL Draft day when the rumors n reports swirled that cowboys coveted a TE in this past NFL draft

Including Dalton Kincaid in Buffalo..and Sam LaPorta in Detroit.

Bills drafted ahead Cowboys in first rd. While lions jumped LaPorta in 2nd round ahead of Cowboys.
We see now how good LaPorta is turning out with Lions
While Schoon has been a blocking TE picked in 2nd rd. even though we already had Ferguson whose turning into a pretty solid TE himself.
I'm completely missing your point here I don't get it Ferguson's fine he could be even better he had a couple balls hit him right in the hands that got knocked out simultaneously by a very good coverage but he's open he can typically catch the ball really well we have a good tight end and yes schoonmaker is right now a blocker but he's also catch a few balls a game I'm still trying to figure out why you made this post.. As the Cowboys really didn't have the opportunity to get either one of them I mean when you're 12 and five two years in a row probably gonna be three years in a row you pick very low in the draft you miss out on some players I mean sometimes I wonder if this place rather us be bad so we can win the draft by the way they kept the clamps on Sam laporta last night for most of the game except for that last drive literally playing prevent defense gave the guy a lot of open catches I'm not that worried about it I like Ferguson and I think schoonmaker will grow we will be fine so again still not sure what the post was supposed to be about...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like Ferguson too, but I'd much rather have La Porta.

He's excellent in every aspect of the game as a TE already.
Does it really matter what you really rather have he was not available to us that's what happens when you're 12 and five three straight years or close to it you pick lower in the draft and you miss out on some players that's just part of success.. Why even bother starting a thread like this or even furthering it along you're enabling this guy laporta was never available to us if Ferguson is very good it could be better he's been close to having some really big games couple finger tips away even last night from really good coverage smacked the ball away right at the last second or he had some big plays up the seam we are fine at tight end including schoonmaker as your number two very good blocker and he's coming into his own he will grow....

You know we could play this all day how about damn I wish we had Gonzales I wish she can be reborn and recreated and have the one of the best tight ends ever on our team I would love him over Ferguson bring me Tony Gonzalez right now...ugh

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I do wonder what would've happened to Ferguson now if we had drafted LaPorta in 2nd rd. Instead of Schoon.

I'll never understand what was it about Ferguson that the club didn't like or trust that they were desperate to draft another TE high in the nfl draft.
Why is this so hard to understand? They NEED 2 tight ends

quickccc

Reaction score
Why is this so hard to understand? They NEED 2 tight ends
Why is this hard to understand... you don't draft TEs that high as the 2nd round in the draft to be blocking TEs.

Ravens had an elite TE in Mark Andrews ... but they did not draft a TE in the 2nd round.. they took Isaiah Likely(Andrews injury replacement) in the 4th round, .. not the 2nd rd. just as we took Ferguson.

1st to 3rd round are the premium picks. 4th rounders are mid-round picks.