Recommended Team is family

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not about this team or any team being family, it is about you and me. Our team that we choose to root for is like family to us.

And sometimes we can get crossways with family or feel they're letting us down but they are still family.

I see too many posts calling out other posters about their fanhood completely based on our own interpretation of how a fan should be, how they should feel and how they should support their team. That works for ourselves but we need to remove the filter of ourselves to understand how others might feel.

Our own definition of a fan works for us but that doesn't necessarily apply to others. As odd as it may seem to some that others want the team to lose in the hopes of getting better, that does not make them less of a fan.

Think of that as a family member that is in trouble and in need of help but they have to hit rock bottom and realize they need help before they can accept it.

If you still have hope for this season, good for you. If you do not and have already begun to think about the future, good for you.

We can debate with others, even argue with them but the one thing we should not do is question their loyalty to the family.

There is no connection or degree of fanhood just because a poster is optimistic and positive. That is merely a choice. If someone has lost hope, they shouldn't get hammered for it. And their level of fanhood should not be questioned.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
You guys are all like that weird uncle that has an office in the basement that smells like leather and motor oil and filled with disassembled electronics. Not sure what that means.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
That's not about this team or any team being family, it is about you and me. Our team that we choose to root for is like family to us.

And sometimes we can get crossways with family or feel they're letting us down but they are still family.

I see too many posts calling out other posters about their fanhood completely based on our own interpretation of how a fan should be, how they should feel and how they should support their team. That works for ourselves but we need to remove the filter of ourselves to understand how others might feel.

Our own definition of a fan works for us but that doesn't necessarily apply to others. As odd as it may seem to some that others want the team to lose in the hopes of getting better, that does not make them less of a fan.

Think of that as a family member that is in trouble and in need of help but they have to hit rock bottom and realize they need help before they can accept it.

If you still have hope for this season, good for you. If you do not and have already begun to think about the future, good for you.

We can debate with others, even argue with them but the one thing we should not do is question their loyalty to the family.

There is no connection or degree of fanhood just because a poster is optimistic and positive. That is merely a choice. If someone has lost hope, they shouldn't get hammered for it. And their level of fanhood should not be questioned.

What you talking bout, Willis...?

You're not a fan! Are you trolling us? A real fan does not put me down just because I like to ride with the Cowboys. A real fan like me is in wonderful misery...watching this cowboy show. However, my fanhood is still good, right or wrong, north or south, left or right.

I punched my ticket to this show a long time ago...on a dusty road I go...share my misery with all of Cowboy fans.
(think i'll smoke a bowl)

123...well, you know that to say.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What you talking bout, Willis...?

You're not a fan! Are you trolling us? A real fan does not put me down just because I like to ride with the Cowboys. A real fan like me is in wonderful misery...watching this cowboy show. However, my fanhood is still good, right or wrong, north or south, left or right.

I punched my ticket to this show a long time ago...on a dusty road I go...share my misery with all of Cowboy fans.
(think i'll smoke a bowl)

123...well, you know that to say.
I'll share that bowl.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The team isn't my family. You guys are.

giphy.gif

cern

Reaction score
As einstein learned to his dismay, there was no theory of everything to unite the four forces. The beauty of arguing on the internet is that you never lose. And some come here just to argue. But fortunately, there are plenty of intelligent, sharp witted individuals here to always keep it interesting and entertaining. On another note, i shot a fat spike buck this morning. Can't wait for game day menu thread to let you know which part of offal I'll be eating tomorrow.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As einstein learned to his dismay, there was no theory of everything to unite the four forces. The beauty of arguing on the internet is that you never lose. And some come here just to argue. But fortunately, there are plenty of intelligent, sharp witted individuals here to always keep it interesting and entertaining. On another note, i shot a fat spike buck this morning. Can't wait for game day menu thread to let you know which part of offal I'll be eating tomorrow.
Was that meant to sound ominous and creepy, or was that just a happy accident?

Jipper

Reaction score
We need some family therapy!

But I love you guys, this is the only social media I do besides the corvette site I’m on, and y’all make me happy and proud to be a cowboys fan